Leather Holster

I've been trying my hand at Leather work now for about a year. Mostly Knife Sheaves and Wallets but this week I decided the only way to get a Holster for my Montado's was to make them. This was my first attempt and not to bad if I say so myself. Didn't spend to much time on art work this time. May do some swivel knife work on the next one. I had a holster a buddy had made there to look at so I wouldn't get to far off the mark. Only thing is his is machine sewn mine was done by hand...lol..
Anyone wanting to try this all you need to do is start off making a template from a manilla folder. I'll add some pics of the one I made shortly ...

unnamed 2.jpg

unnamed-1 2.jpg

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
It looks REALLY good! FWIW, I may be the only person in the world, but if I was looking for a holster, I'd want one that covered the trigger a little better than this, but the craftsmanship is amazing!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks really good, and you can always make your money back on that one if you want to make yourself another one :LOL:

Ok, Guys. Heres the rest...
First. Draw or trace your revolver then draw around that the shape of holster you want. make everything a little bigger than you need then just keep trimming down till you get a nice tight fit. You'll also need to decide if you want a regular or cross draw holster. I always like a cross draw so thats what I went with. Then just transfer your template to the leather.. Now. the only other thing to remember is if you use a thick leather which you probably will. You'll need to make a welt. All that is, Is a peace of leather about .25' to .5' wide that runs the length of your seam. see pics ... Just make sure to make a tight fit with the leather just like you did on the template... anyone needs more help feel free to pm me..
unnamed 2.jpg

unnamed-1 3.jpg

unnamed-2 2.jpg

unnamed-3 2.jpg