Lease in Halifax County

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Wonder what tyoe of rules go along with it. They use the word Manage and no large groups...
For that kind of rent I would want to shoot what I wanted and carry as many different people as I like.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
I am with Scotty on this one. Unfortunately there will be a person or group from out of state willing to drop than kind of money, then it only pushes up lease price in the surrounding areas.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Ive seen worse.....actually not that terrible for the land just way to much by the time you figure in the lodge.
I wonder if this it that place south of Aurelian Springs on hwy48 that use to do a guide service?

sent from...... Tapatalk

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
MJ74-Nah, different spot. My family land joins the “outfitters” land (Bear Swamp Outfitters). He has someone lease it now, a small club.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have access to 1000 acres and a luxurious house for a lot less than that!!!

Luxurious is in the eye of the beholder.......

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Just because I wouldn't pay for it, doesn't mean it isn't worth it. I wouldn't pay $300,000 for a Rolls Royce or $500K for a Yellowfin Boat, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it.
Actually that's not a bad deal if it is what it says it is ...
I was thinking...Considering the lodge, all the acreage, the price isn't out of the range from what I've heard. Depending on the land, and the amount of guys you would have, it might not be bad. If you had eight guys, $1,600 a guy...A bit steep, but with a lodge, depending on the other rules and whatnot, it may be worth it.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just because I wouldn't pay for it, doesn't mean it isn't worth it. I wouldn't pay $300,000 for a Rolls Royce or $500K for a Yellowfin Boat, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it.

I was thinking...Considering the lodge, all the acreage, the price isn't out of the range from what I've heard. Depending on the land, and the amount of guys you would have, it might not be bad. If you had eight guys, $1,600 a guy...A bit steep, but with a lodge, depending on the other rules and whatnot, it may be worth it.
That was my thinking. Duck, Deer, Bear, Swan and Turkey.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

Well, I guess it depends on what is considered a large group.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Under 12$ acre is well under what a lot of land in that area leases for. All depends on what a person is Looking for and what they value for their money.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If I was already retired I may would get it on my own just to have a cool set up for a few years and have friends and family come and go.
You could live there for a few months in early season and late.....

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Under 12$ acre is well under what a lot of land in that area leases for. All depends on what a person is Looking for and what they value for their money.....

I feel funny starting my post the same way as my previous but I guess it depends on what you add to the lease. It doesn't appear the landowner is allowing someone to lease just the land without renting the lodge. So the $11.80 per acre comes to $25 per acre when you factor in the lodge rent.

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns

I feel funny starting my post the same way as my previous but I guess it depends on what you add to the lease. It doesn't appear the landowner is allowing someone to lease just the land without renting the lodge. So the $11.80 per acre comes to $25 per acre with you factor in the lodge rent.

I would never pay it but there are places around here already that lease for $20 a acre.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I couldn't afford the lease alone but would entertain a lease with a small group with these conditions. If it lives up to expectations.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
really that's not a bad price.....
Deer hunting is a rich man's sport now.
I would rather hunt in the Northern Piedmont though when paying that kind of money

hog&deerhunter

Ten Pointer
I am in an expensive club now because there are only 10 members on 1500 acres in Northampton so this place does not seem too unreasonable. One thing that I do wonder about, what happened to the folks that were leasing it? Why did they ALL leave? I guess I could ind out with a phone call..............

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Good question and one I'd know if i were thinking on leasing what happened to previous ones coulda just got to high but who knows