Lawn mower engine work

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Anyone know a good small engine mechanic in N Raleigh, preferably mobile?

Have a cub cadet commercial mower, Kawasaki engine, giving me fits. It’s surging and cutting off. Seems starved for fuel. Had been Kawasaki fuel pump put on 2 years ago, have had several guys work on it but no one can get it right. Seems to run good for a little while and then back to same issue. Had valves adjusted, carb cleaned, etc. need someone who knows what they’re doing, not someone just swapping out parts.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
It is definitely the carb needs cleaning and fuel filter. The injector could be leaking. Replace the carb besides clean it and it should solve the problem. A good fuel filter. Not a cheap one. Don’t run 87 either.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Non ethanol gas and check fuel lines. If they're old they can corrode inside and clog up carb.

My cub cadet ran like that on second mow. I freaked out. It was brand new.

Drained the tank, of 93, and put non-ethanol in it. Cleared up once the lines were free of that ethanol gas.

TH80

Eight Pointer
Sounds like the fuel filter needs replacing or possibly a piece of trash in the line blocking the flow of the fuel. I’ve seen both cause that

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Overfilling will do it too, I no longer top off after mowing. I was getting a vapor lock and would have to run with the cap off til it correct itself and then I was good to go.

So I fill up just under full right before I mow and off I go.