Laughter Is The Best Medicine

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yes...
1230f7adb520d4cd4724280a0c1632a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In the words of my friend dobber,,,, aye.. :)

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Thats the truth, if I had kids in school now I would be more lost than them the way they try to teach in schools now

I had a kerfluffle with a teacher and the principle at middle school when they marked my little girl's basic geometry homework wrong, which I had painstakenly checked and gone over with her.

I know I dress like a ditch digger sometimes, but when the teacher got a little huffy and asked if I had any experience in geometry, I kind of went a little....off.

Turns out the english major turned math teacher was using the wrong answer key....

She was reassigned because it also came out that she recommended to her students that they not consult their parents on homework so the kids wouldn't get confused on the new ways of solving things...

It's geometry sweetheart. Pythagoras already worked this out.

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had a kerfluffle with a teacher and the principle at middle school when they marked my little girl's basic geometry homework wrong, which I had painstakenly checked and gone over with her.

I know I dress like a ditch digger sometimes, but when the teacher got a little huffy and asked if I had any experience in geometry, I kind of went a little....off.

Turns out the english major turned math teacher was using the wrong answer key....

She was reassigned because it also came out that she recommended to her students that they not consult their parents on homework so the kids wouldn't get confused on the new ways of solving things...

It's geometry sweetheart. Pythagoras already worked this out.

Ain’t that the truth.

I don’t have kids, but I’ve helped a few folks out in geometry and algebra. The new math methods are foreign to me. I think it’s the common core stuff. I’m not sure. I just know it’s not how we did it.

Something about root numbers.. and finding groups in addition and subtraction.