Laughter Is The Best Medicine

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve been summoned into the office many times to be reprimanded for “hazing” and or terrorizing newbies.

One of my favorites was to send them off on some wild goose chase and screw their tool bag to the floor whilst they were gone.

I used to be bad about cutting hammer handles down to about hand width.

I had a new guy from up north, somewhere up in Delaware, ask me to help him engrave his tools.

Me- “Sure thing Buddy”
Engraves his initials on a wrench, and hands it to him
“Look good to you?”

Him- “Perfect”

Me- “Good deal”
Engraves my initials on a wrench, sets it to the side
Engraves his initials on a wrench, hands it to him
Engraves my initials on a wrench, sets it to the side
Engraves his initials on a wrench, hands it to him

Him- “What are those wrenches you’re setting to the side?”

Me- “Those are my fee.”

Him- 😦😦😦

Me- 🤣🤣🤣

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
One of my favorites was to send them off on some wild goose chase
In college I worked a couple summers as a Mechanical Engineer Co-op with a group that reworked jet engines. I would hangout with the Mechanics and talk hunting, fishing, sports, so I got along great with those guys. There was another co-op they couldn’t stand, and they told me to watch this. They asked the co-op to go to another building and get them a bottle of prop wash, they said guys in that bldg will know what we need. When co-op leaves, they call that bldg and tell them to send him somewhere else. Each bldg would repeat and he went all other the place looking, until one guy finally told him.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
In college I worked a couple summers as a Mechanical Engineer Co-op with a group that reworked jet engines. I would hangout with the Mechanics and talk hunting, fishing, sports, so I got along great with those guys. There was another co-op they couldn’t stand, and they told me to watch this. They asked the co-op to go to another building and get them a bottle of prop wash, they said guys in that bldg will know what we need. When co-op leaves, they call that bldg and tell them to send him somewhere else. Each bldg would repeat and he went all other the place looking, until one guy finally told him.
LOL!!!!
When I sent them on their wild goose chase, they were usually looking for a pipe stretcher

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
LOL!!!!
When I sent them on their wild goose chase, they were usually looking for a pipe stretcher
Guys in the office got me. They put a box of ball bearings on my desk and asked me to take the box/bearings to the lab. When I picked the box up it rained ball bearings all over the floor, they’re rolling everywhere. There was no bottom in the box. Dept. Mgr walks out of his office and I thought he would be pissed. He said the old ball bearing box, gets them every time. He turned around and walked back in his office.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Construction Site pranks on newbies are my favorites!

Rats cursing. But look up classic spoons game on youtube.

Can anyone post a link to the video of the sheet rock saw vs pliers? I can't find it.

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
Platoon Sergeants would always send the new LTs to the Company Gunny for a box of grid squares or a can of squelch. Good fun depending on the Gunny 😜. One Gunny sent the LT to the Arty Regt HQ across the base because Grid Squares were used for fire support. A bit excessive but extra points for creativity.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
They asked me to get pipe threads when I was a apprentice in the pipe shop. Walked to pipefitter shop a mile away got a bag of cut threads from the pipe threader and returned an hour later with pipe threads

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
I was managing a restaurant on the outskirts of a small town, just got done cleaning up for the night . The guys told the new boy to take a two gallon pail and go down the road behind the restaurant to the hen house and gather eggs for the breakfast shift. And damn if he did 't come back with 1/2 a bucket full.

Wv67

Ten Pointer
We use to put long zip ties on new guys drive shafts the look on their face when they get out is awesome , ....... I got wrote up once for filling a bottle up with water and when ya ha e the inmate squat and cough I’d give him a squirt they would jump straight up LOL. Good stuff but one of them complained so no more of that ,

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
During my Navy hitch, we would send the new boot down to the fireroom to bring back a "BT Punch" "Get the biggest one they got" Never got old, watching them come back, holding their shoulder.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I worked flight deck on the Rosie and a new airdale checked into our squadron he would be told that he had mail in the line shack, starboard side catwalk next to the JBD. They'd come through the hatch and when they asked where it was the chief would say, "you're new aren't ya?" and point to a table in the far end of the compartment. Just about the time they got to the table the hatch would close and you'd hear spray cans start rattling. Our squadron insignia was an Ace of Spades, if you could fight your way all the way back to the hatch you got it painted on your chest. If not it would be painted in a "less obvious area" on your body...
Wonder how well that could go over in today's Navy?

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
We would send a newbie for a bucket of steam.
Lol. Board stretcher, sky hook, left handed spools of wire,a bucket for catching the sparks from someone welding or grinding , and many more.

The best one I came up with was when I was doing commercial landscaping. Had an unmotivated 18 year old kid that overslept every day and all that good stuff. He was notorious for spilling gas when fueling up equipment. The foreman always carried a notebook to keep track of stuff on these huge jobs. He'd always have a new backup one in the truck for when the current one was filled up. I told the kid that it was the “gas log” where you had to write down every time you spilled any fuel while filling up mowers, blowers, chain saws, weed eaters, etc. I gave him a 10 min tutorial on how to gauge how much gas was spilled based on the size of the drops or spill. Then told him he had to differentiate between regular and mix fuel. It was golden because he was writing it all in the book that the foreman hadn’t started using yet. Bout two months later the foreman goes for the new book. Starts flipping through the pages cussing and finally says “anyone wanna tell me WTF this is?????.” The kid chimes in super proud, thinking the foreman is testing him. “Yep that’s the gas log so the company knows how much fuel we’ve spilled. You don’t have to train me on it though. Chris already showed me what I needed to write.” Foreman just sighed and looked at me and said “F you buddy “ and threw the book in the floor

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got sent to the van for the “ blue handled sky hooks “ and the wire stretchers when I started wiring houses