Laughter Is The Best Medicine

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Cleaning out the work truck I found a recent piece of paper that made me think of a story.

Had a small project go HORRIBLY wrong! Half day to install, and after 1.5 days of testing/replacing fiber connectors, still not 100% perfection. Ended up ripping everything out and starting from scratch with different manufacturers materials. Same results. 98%, not 100%. Infuriating.

I called a vendor and asked to have on standby a THIRD mnfr's materials in case I needed to rip it out again. Didn't cost me anything to have it shipped to RTP and be "ready" to pick up. She said I had to apply a PO#/Name to the order to get it moving. I said "call it PO I hate my life", I'll know 2 years from now exactly what job that is referring to. And she did.

A week later, she called me back. Conversation was like "ST8, I didn't know so many people cared about me, but all week my cell phone has been ringing or getting texts asking if I'm doing ok". Turns out that PO made its rounds from the warehouse up through corporate, and people got concerned.

She told everyone who reached out to her (some she hadn't spoken with in months) and said "nah, that's ST8's po name", she told me they all asked "Is he doing alright?!?!?!"

I half expected a no firearms sticker on the warehouse door soon after that. Glad to say that didn't happen.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Cleaning out the work truck I found a recent piece of paper that made me think of a story.

Had a small project go HORRIBLY wrong! Half day to install, and after 1.5 days of testing/replacing fiber connectors, still not 100% perfection. Ended up ripping everything out and starting from scratch with different manufacturers materials. Same results. 98%, not 100%. Infuriating.

I called a vendor and asked to have on standby a THIRD mnfr's materials in case I needed to rip it out again. Didn't cost me anything to have it shipped to RTP and be "ready" to pick up. She said I had to apply a PO#/Name to the order to get it moving. I said "call it PO I hate my life", I'll know 2 years from now exactly what job that is referring to. And she did.

A week later, she called me back. Conversation was like "ST8, I didn't know so many people cared about me, but all week my cell phone has been ringing or getting texts asking if I'm doing ok". Turns out that PO made its rounds from the warehouse up through corporate, and people got concerned.

She told everyone who reached out to her (some she hadn't spoken with in months) and said "nah, that's ST8's po name", she told me they all asked "Is he doing alright?!?!?!"

I half expected a no firearms sticker on the warehouse door soon after that. Glad to say that didn't happen.
Back before i changed jobs, we did fiber in between fire alarm, CCTV, intercom, security jobs. The boss openly admitted his fiber tester was outdated and “had somethin goin on with it that I can’t figure out.” His words, not mine. Few things infuriated me more on job sites over the years than messing with that thing.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Funniest movie ever made!!

Just the first 30 minutes or so. If they could have kept that hilarity up for 1.5 hours, it would have it's own award show. I remember not that long ago when they played it on Comedy Central, they silenced the "fart" sounds, but left in every racial slur throughout the movie. I think I laughed harder watching it that way than the original.