Late musky post

Havent had a chance to post these pics but got these NC 'skis back in the fall and a big green carp. Self timed pics, not sure why the pic of the big one was out of focus. I guess I was shaking bad! You get the point it was big!

42" musky
IMG_0883NEW2SML.jpg

51" Musky
IMG_1863SML.jpgIMG_089722SML.jpg

Green carp on a 10" musky lure
IMG_1862SML.jpg

Later

tomahawk

Six Pointer
That's some nice muskies. I would love to have one for the wall. I'll be going out afew more times this year for them on Adger.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Wow - nice! I fish northern Wisconsin for muskies every Fall, and that 51-incher is bigger than any of the hundreds of muskies I've landed in a few decades in the north woods. That's a true trophy, especially for NC. Congrats on a Boone & Crockett type of fish!

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I'm getting my boat set up for next year.

Once hunting seasons are over I might hit Cheoah or Adger. I'd really like to try the triploids in Cheoah.

Nice fish, thanks for sharing

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Havent had a chance to post these pics but got these NC 'skis back in the fall and a big green carp. Self timed pics, not sure why the pic of the big one was out of focus. I guess I was shaking bad! You get the point it was big!

42" musky
View attachment 42577

51" Musky
View attachment 42578View attachment 42579

Green carp on a 10" musky lure
View attachment 42580

Later

you are killing me. that is the only significant NC freshwater fish that i have not caught in nc.

dont tell me anything about location BUT how many days do you spend per fish caught in NC?

beautiful fish by the way and i buy that mag (musky hunter) just to dream.

Not much....81 hrs fishing for them in NC this year and caught 7. One fish every 11.5 hrs fished which is pretty good. Got 4 of those in the "8" at the boat. Also, had 30 follows and lost 3 this year.
Got the big 51" in the 8 and was freaking awesome watching her come up and crush my bait at my feet! What wasn't cool was her breaking my 8ft musky Gloomis rood off the side of my boat as she took off under the boat! It was difficult landing her by myself with just 4ft of rod! It was an epic battle! Thats why I musky fish!!!

Last edited: