Late Christmas present- sausages

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Youngest daughter wouldn't come to NC due to family members testing positive for Covid (mother, sister, nieces). So this past weekend my wife went over to visit.

Brought back my Christmas present - store bought quality charcuterie :mosh: :cool:

the one opened is a uncured dried chorizo sausage,,,

did a taste test - all were fittin'

image0.jpg

Last edited:

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I like some good summer sausages, makes some good truck food. I keep an old tin bread box in my truck full of anything from Viennas, beans,sardines and plenty of crackers. Summer sausages never last long unless I forget they are in there. My mother has a recipe for homemade that she has used ground beef before, been a long time since she made it. I need to get it from her and try it with some deer and beef fat

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I like some good summer sausages, makes some good truck food. I keep an old tin bread box in my truck full of anything from Viennas, beans,sardines and plenty of crackers. Summer sausages never last long unless I forget they are in there. My mother has a recipe for homemade that she has used ground beef before, been a long time since she made it. I need to get it from her and try it with some deer and beef fat

I make my own summer sausage each August out of what's left in freezer red meat wise,,, use beef fat from trimmings to get fat content up,,, to me, summer sausage is best if beef / red meat based,,, so deer, moose, etc mixed with beef fat,,, I like

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Youngest daughter wouldn't come to NC due to family members testing positive for Covid (mother, sister, nieces). So this past weekend my wife went over to visit.

Brought back my Christmas present - store bought quality charcuterie :mosh: :cool:

the one opened is a uncured dried chorizo sausage,,,

did a taste test - all were fittin'

View attachment 83166
I’d say you raised that youngin’ right!

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Anyone ever tried using beaver for summer sausages? Its red meat and the fat content may be a plus. Setting conibears this week

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I make my own summer sausage each August out of what's left in freezer red meat wise,,, use beef fat from trimmings to get fat content up,,, to me, summer sausage is best if beef / red meat based,,, so deer, moose, etc mixed with beef fat,,, I like

This "beef fat",

How do you come by it? I know some is great to mix, some is NOT. I have been saving all of the fat trimmings from my Briskets and freezing them, but I have no idea if that is the tasty fat or not.

Sorry for Hijack. Them sausages look awesome!

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Anyone ever tried using beaver for summer sausages? Its red meat and the fat content may be a plus. Setting conibears this week
Not sure about that but check out “the meat trapper” on YouTube. His beaver burger recipe looks killer. And before you other degenerates get excited…no it doesn’t involve women

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This "beef fat",

How do you come by it? I know some is great to mix, some is NOT. I have been saving all of the fat trimmings from my Briskets and freezing them, but I have no idea if that is the tasty fat or not.

Sorry for Hijack. Them sausages look awesome!
That is what I use and it works well

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I've gone back and looked at the picture a few times today. What a beautiful gift.

I'll probably come back and look at the picture again shortly.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
If you haven’t already… check these guys out sometime. They produce one of my favorite chorizo’s and also a really tasty lamb Milano.