Last Day

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Today’s the last day of the general season, anyone else getting out there? This fog on core sound is awful, but I’ve had a few that seemed to find my decoys and hearing lots of shots. Doubt I’ll come over here on Saturday for the Veterans Day if the wind prediction doesn’t change.

jparsons14

Four Pointer
Hit a farm pond. 2 wood ducks buzzed out of range and never thought about coming. Heard mallards flying before LST but didn’t see them.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Ended strong yesterday and this morning. Been an up and down season for sure
Wish I could say the same. October, November and December were pretty good to us. January has been a struggle, lots of birds around but they seem blind/decoy shy. Had several groups of bluebills, buffies, scoters, and a pair of redheads work my dekes this morning but I couldn’t seem to connect with any of them.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Had my best wood duck hunt ever on Saturday. We picked up a 4 man limit and tried working some mallards. Planned on hunting today but a freak accident has left me with a torn rotator cuff and partially torn bisep.
Damn that sucks hope you heal up quick. Atleast it was at the end of the season and not the beginning

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Gonna give it a last hurrah tomorrow morning with my son and one of his friends. I figure if we don’t see any birds we might get a shot at the Chinese spy balloon.
I’ll be out there as well. Gonna be a little more wind than I’d hoped for early, maybe next weekend will calm down a little

Clark

Ten Pointer
Cancelled plan to take my grandson, too cold and he does not have proper clothing. I'd rather wait a year than ruin him on his first hunt.
Youth turkey season will be warmer.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Went out this morning, probably should’ve left the dog at home because it was so cold but he heard my alarm and was throwing a fit, so he got to go and I brought some blankets for him. Had a few groups of buffies and blue bills sneak through the decoys while I was distracted, finally was paying attention when a loner came in. Probably could’ve stuck it out a little longer and got my other one but both I and the dog were freezing by this point

Attachments

• 3C6423D7-4E72-4DB9-8EA6-1170F3B09B9E.jpeg
    3C6423D7-4E72-4DB9-8EA6-1170F3B09B9E.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 42

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Today was the end for vets and youth. Not a great day for us, I scouted this area Thursday and Friday and setup right where the ducks had been landing and probably had the best hide we’d had all year, but not much was flying and those that were wouldn’t even look at us. Looking forward to next dove season and fishing all summer.