Large waterproof containers

23mako

Ten Pointer
Does anyone have any recommendations on large waterproof trunk? Looking for something to transport stuff on a trailer hitch cargo carrier. The cargo carrier I am looking at is 60 inches long and 24 inches wide.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Cant not add to the 60" part other than custom stuff but do have a United welding hitch hauler. Also the 48x20x24 if I recall.
Light weight, lot of room and dry.
Your normal tool box.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Tractor supply probably have something that would work. Think be hard find something 100% waterproof. My truck tool boxes supposed to be waterproof but occasionally moisture finds its way in. Had one of the black poly ones that use to keep in back of truck to keep boots and other things used looking at timber. It did fairly well but want what call 100%. Ended up forgetting to put tailgate up one day looked in the mirror and it was chasing me down the road. That was the end of that box

Last edited:

apphunter

Four Pointer
I would try action packers made by rubbermaid. I have used them a ton for camping over the years riding in the bed of a pick up and they worked just fine even in a torrential rain. Definitely not water proof but water resistant enough.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Pelican cases are my go to. They AIN'T cheap, or light, but dang sure are waterproof! Definitely want to lock it to your hitch!

Reactions: CRC

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I had a an aluminum box made to fit my carrier and it has a shoebox type lid with rubber gaskets. It's totally waterproof. lockable and fits inside the rails of my hauler. I lock it using 2 pieces of chain and a couple of keyed alike locks.
That's the only way I know of to be sure it's waterproof.....

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I saw some of these at the NTA convention last week. May not be exactly what the OP had in mind for his application, but they appear to be a quality product. Pricy but they are larger than the Pelican and open from the end with a slide out tray. Manufactured in the USA also.

AnyGlide Products