Lake Tillery Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom

Spike
I've been at lake tillery since covid started. Noticed lots of gun fire recently. Wouldnt mind doing some watefowl hunting which brings me to some questions. I noticed that there are permanent blinds over the water, right off the land around the lake. There is a blind in my cove that has been there for years and hunters hunt there often. I know the land that the blind is off is all duke energys. Are these blinds free to use at a first come first serve basis? I don't want to upset anyone, but if these blinds are for everyone then I'd like to hunt there also.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
I've been at lake tillery since covid started. Noticed lots of gun fire recently. Wouldnt mind doing some watefowl hunting which brings me to some questions. I noticed that there are permanent blinds over the water, right off the land around the lake. There is a blind in my cove that has been there for years and hunters hunt there often. I know the land that the blind is off is all duke energys. Are these blinds free to use at a first come first serve basis? I don't want to upset anyone, but if these blinds are for everyone then I'd like to hunt there also.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

They are public but built and maintained by private individuals. A lot of times folks leave their phone number in them to call and ask if they will be hunting. Out of respect that’s the ethical thing to do. If you plan to hunt an existing blind and can’t get in touch with the people who built it then Atleast wait till 45 min before shooting time to put out deks. And if they show either move or Atleast offer to hunt together. Some are cool with that and others can be very intolerant of it. They can’t run you off but it can get tense. I hunted that lake my whole life and found my boat blind served well to avoid such confrontations. It’s a hit or miss wether or not the builder/ caretaker of the blind will hint that day. Just some helpful info to your question. Good luck. Bangem up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
Lots of gunfire you say? Free blinds you say? Count me in!!

Well blinds are considered public but they are built and maintained by individuals that do hunt. Just saying,, expect some riff if you go climbing in one at 2:30-3am to beat some one there that has spent his sweat equity in building and brushing in a blind through the summer just to find others in it when they arrive to hunt. Be respectful and things usually go well. I have seen it get pretty heated out there over blind rights. [emoji1360][emoji1360]

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
Well blinds are considered public but they are built and maintained by individuals that do hunt. Just saying,, expect some riff if you go climbing in one at 2:30-3am to beat some one there that has spent his sweat equity in building and brushing in a blind through the summer just to find others in it when they arrive to hunt. Be respectful and things usually go well. I have seen it get pretty heated out there over blind rights. [emoji1360][emoji1360]

230-3 a.m? I'm loading the boat now

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
230-3 a.m? I'm loading the boat now

Hope you smash them. Prob number one reason I quit duck hunting was because I got tired of having to be on the lake at 1am to get to a spot I wanted. I left that up to y’all now. I’m to old to do it anymore. It got to be to much of a Pain in the arse. Best of luck be safe out there.

tomtom

Spike
Well sounds that these blinds are built by people. My cove is in a sweet spot and the hunters are there all the time, but I also live here and should have the right to hunt my cove. Looks like this will be a :donk:donk:donk:donk show.. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback

TOM

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
Well sounds that these blinds are built by people. My cove is in a sweet spot and the hunters are there all the time, but I also live here and should have the right to hunt my cove. Looks like this will be a :donk:donk:donk:donk show.. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback

TOM

You definitely have the right to hunt any of that water. Hope you have some luck and not have to deal with any of the BS hassle of public ground hunting.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns

Thanks for the feedback

TOM

Yes you should but not because you live there. You living there doesn’t make a damnn as far as your “rights” are concerned.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I keep a pair of binoculars in the boat all summer, told my wife it was to look at "ducks" I was actually wondering the same thing as the OP. We have a place on the Norwood side and I've seen blinds up and down the lake all summer. Always wondered if they were free and open to anyone. Thought they were but also thought I couldn't handle the hassle that came with them.

Gus

Six Pointer
If I lived there and decided I wanted to hunt out of a blind, I'd buy my own materials and put in the effort to sink posts, build a box, cut, haul and stick bushing.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
If I lived there and decided I wanted to hunt out of a blind, I'd buy my own materials and put in the effort to sink posts, build a box, cut, haul and stick bushing.

right next to the other one (if it's in a good spot)

I'd only hunt it if I got there first, but that way I'm not "using" their blind they leave on public

same as a deer stand left on public,,,

depends on the spot

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
Trust me I was kidding about going. Only way I'm going to stay the night to get a spot these days It'd have to be a super cold day in h*ll. Talking below zero at least with the wind chill

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
right next to the other one (if it's in a good spot)

I'd only hunt it if I got there first, but that way I'm not "using" their blind they leave on public

same as a deer stand left on public,,,

depends on the spot

It’s the same in a way but also it’s respect and ethics involved. Hopefully someone doesn’t feel like they need to build a blind beside another.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It’s the same in a way but also it’s respect and ethics involved. Hopefully someone doesn’t feel like they need to build a blind beside another.

Hopefully someone doesn’t feel the need to build a “private blind” on public land

but mellow out

these issues are why I don’t hunt NC impoundments

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
Hopefully someone doesn’t feel the need to build a “private blind” on public land

but mellow out

these issues are why I don’t hunt NC impoundments

Absolutely mello sir. As this is reason I quit duck hunting all together. It got old fighting the ones who would camp at or be in my blind at 2am to beat anyone especially me there. It got out of hand and I said heck with it. Still might hunt a pond or creek to kill a woody or 2 but sold pretty much everything I had except shotgun and a dozen deeks!! To many out there to fight it.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer

If you built a blind right next to another blind I can almost guarantee it would get burnt up in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.