Lake Mattamuskeet Crabbing

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Yea, may is fine. However, the crabbing hasnt been that good in the past few years due to water quailty...fyi

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
We usually go in July, but last few years have been off from water quality. We always did best after a hard rain or even tropical storm.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
fun place for the family from what I remember. just have to watch the gators! they like chicken too. and try not to hook one with a jig . . . booger to get the jig back...😄

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I love crabbing there. I havent done it in a few years but its great. Honestly its kinda crazy how good it can be if you get up early too. I have caught a bucket full of the biggest crabs ever right at sunrise.
How has the fishing been? Has everything gone downhill with the loss of the grass?

Redneckhero91

Four Pointer
I love crabbing there. I havent done it in a few years but its great. Honestly its kinda crazy how good it can be if you get up early too. I have caught a bucket full of the biggest crabs ever right at sunrise.
How has the fishing been? Has everything gone downhill with the loss of the grass?
Did it use to be a good place to go, for fishing?

Higgins

Ten Pointer
It was alot fun back as a kid 40yrs ago,I had a friend who's mother would take us there and we sleep in a jeep grand cherokee on the side of the road. She was a good lady ,4 of us and she'd take us anywhere we wanted to go.