Lady on Transis Camp Rd with her dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugoo

Eight Pointer
It should be illegal to walk dogs on game lands (including federally owned game lands) during any deer season unless one is lawfully hunting or at the very least on youth day.
I don't like them but it shouldnt be illegal. We don't need more laws. Its at their own risk.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I don't like them but it shouldnt be illegal. We don't need more laws. Its at their own risk.

Its not going to happen. Dogs have to be on leashes if not hunting but even that is rarely enforced on game lands

And it looks like this was a road in a state park, not game lands

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And raccoons, rabbits, squirrels, quail, winter turkey, and elk

NC be slacking with special days or weeks for youth
🤦‍♂️

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Okay now whats wrong with a youth squirrel hunting day if you are going to have a youth deer hunting day?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't install youth deer day.
I used to take my son with me. He was the shooter when I took him. He killed his first 2 bucks at 8 yrs old. He killed 21 deer by the time he was 16.

I'm not taking anything away from the kids. The entire hunting community needs new hunters for ALL of us to maintain our right, our heritage to hunt. Noone said I couldn't hunt yesterday. As a matter if fact, I did. The kids being out there didn't change my day one bit. You shouldn't let it upset you, either.

The entire US needs more support for hunting or we'll lose the opportunity. Better them being taught to hunt than laying around playing video games.

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
The entire hunting community needs new hunters for ALL of us to maintain our right, our heritage to hunt.

And youth days are ultimately a total failure in recruiting new hunters.

One day every September is not going to bring new kids into the sport.

Its actually a "joke" so the WRC can say they did something about hunter recruitment.

No you created one day a year where a kid that already hunts with some adult can go hunting an extra day with a firearm. Big whoop.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Its not going to happen. Dogs have to be on leashes if not hunting but even that is rarely enforced on game lands

And it looks like this was a road in a state park, not game lands
that whole penisula is gamelands except for a few spots for the eagles and NC state has a small area there that is off limits but for the most part it is game lands.

Reactions: CRC

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
No you created one day a year where a kid that already hunts with some adult can go hunting an extra day with a firearm. Big whoop.

Apparently you are making a big whoop out of it… I’m not counting posts but you’ve dug your heels in harder than I do bulldogging.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And youth days are ultimately a total failure in recruiting new hunters.

One day every September is not going to bring new kids into the sport.

Its actually a "joke" so the WRC can say they did something about hunter recruitment.

I call :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk on your total assault on this. First you started talking out of one side of your mouth acting like it was a travesty that a mouse farts on youth day. Then you end up by back to your old self saying youth days are a total farce and useless.

I am not really a proponent of them but they are here, since they are rather than set in my basement and bitch about them I chose to participate where I could.

Look at this and tell me this doesn’t help get kids interested in the outdoors. After the actual hunt they were fed again, got to target and skeet shoot and participate in several give always.

Rather than constantly bitch next year why don’t you see if daddy will let you volunteer somewhere they are putting on one. 16A6482E-08D0-4AE5-802F-AED708B061B2.jpegAC776087-B082-4B74-909E-59ACFC0C63D8.jpeg

Last edited:

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I call :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk on your total assault on this. First you started talking out of one side of your mouth acting like it was a travesty that a mouse farts on youth day. Then you end up by back to your old self saying youth days are a total farce and useless.

I am not really a proponent of them but they are here, since they are rather than set in my basement and bitch about them I chose to participate where I could.

Look at this and tell me this doesn’t help get kids interested in the outdoors. After the actual hunt they were fed again, got to target and skeet shoot and participate in several give always.

Rather than constantly bitch next year why don’t you see if daddy will let you volunteer somewhere they are putting on one. View attachment 100114View attachment 100115
Awesome pics. I’ve crunched the numbers and the results say that you will always have a better probability of getting a kid interested in hunting if you actually take them hunting🤣 . Over 20 kids in the bottom pic. Even if zero of them become outdoorsmen (playing devils advocate), that picture speaks volumes about the time and effort y’all put into trying to ignite that spark

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns

Rather than constantly bitch next year why don’t you see if daddy will let you volunteer somewhere they are putting on one. View attachment 100114View attachment 100115

What county is this "based" in? Think I see 6 very young ladies who participated. 👍👍

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

this had to be a dog hunt with that much orange standing in the road...😂

CRC

Old Mossy Horns

No if you are going to have a special youth day why let adults walking their dogs ruin it on game lands for any youth hunting there?

Thats my point if people are bent on keeping youth deer day. Don't let others ruin it for them.

Last edited:

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
You have said some really stupid things in this thread about youth day.

Youth day didn’t exist until just a few short years ago. It is not a sacred day, it’s not “their special day”, and the world doesn’t need to grind to a halt because the WRC designated it as a youth hunting day. Youth can hunt every day of the season, same as adults.

Statements like you have made in this thread make me dislike youth seasons even more. This “for the kids” mentality needs to stop. If we want kids to become lifelong hunters, we need to bring kids into the tradition of the sport, not cheapen the sport to make it easier for them.
I think yuo miss his sarcasm about the subject.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I think yuo miss his sarcasm about the subject.

Part sarcasm part serious.

I don't really like youth days but if you are going to have one, give the kids every advantage.

No dog walking.

Last edited:

ol bob

Six Pointer
This country has gone to hell in a hand basket, and we have people worrying about a lady walking her dog on a road. I didn't thing you could hunt from a road in N.C.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
I feel everyday is youth day. Get your kids to where they go to the bathroom in the woods or off the back of the boat on their own and they can go with me anytime. I'm not for youth seasons but I grew up different than the kids today. I didn't have a choice. Everytime my dad went hunting or fishing I was there even if I didn't want to be. Take those kids everytime you go , make everyday youth day. About the lady and the dogs ruining a hunt , how do you ruin a hunt? Hell it's hunting,she might ruin the chance of a kill but the hunt is still on going. Get their butt up in the morning and try again. I better stop.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Awesome pics. I’ve crunched the numbers and the results say that you will always have a better probability of getting a kid interested in hunting if you actually take them hunting🤣 . Over 20 kids in the bottom pic. Even if zero of them become outdoorsmen (playing devils advocate), that picture speaks volumes about the time and effort y’all put into trying to ignite that spark
There was 37, some had already left.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What county is this "based" in? Think I see 6 very young ladies who participated. 👍👍
Scotland primarily and the edge of Richmond. Several had left with this pic was taken, they had other activities that evening. There was 37 total that attended the actual hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.