Kyle Larson boo boo

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Who? The left. They have to keep their voting block believing they are victims and deserve special treatment. The left doesn’t want them to figure out they are just as capable to be awesome as anyone else. Once they do, they become conservatives. [emoji1787]
Hold it down Bux....your just a racist[emoji14]

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
He's done in cup,don't care how good he is there's too many out there waiting to fill his seat that haven't got that hanging over them. And Hendricks wouldn't hire him if he raced for free.
I completely disagree, his contract was up at the end of this season and Hendricks was already courting him. Stewart-Hass was lookin at him as well.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
What ever happened to free speech?

Got Antifa attacking people and calling them everything under the sun yet nothing is done to them...
They have all types of rap that talks about the most vile stuff and killing cops or the Trump..... and nothing is done....

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What ever happened to free speech?

Got Antifa attacking people and calling them everything under the sun yet nothing is done to them...
They have all types of rap that talks about the most vile stuff and killing cops or the Trump..... and nothing is done....
Free speech has never ever, been in any way protected as it relates to your JOB. Free Speech does not mean freedom from consequences of said speech.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Free speech has never ever, been in any way protected as it relates to your JOB. Free Speech does not mean freedom from consequences of said speech.

Exactly. You can say whatever you want IF you don't have anything to lose. And if you don't have anything for people to destroy, then the media won't waste their time destroying you because it doesn't sell. :mad:

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I completely disagree, his contract was up at the end of this season and Hendricks was already courting him. Stewart-Hass was lookin at him as well.

With Hendrick Motorsports (no s in Hendrick) being all Chevrolet teams and with Chevrolet dropping Larson, I would be pretty confident that affiliation will not occur. Stewart-Hass? Maybe, but with the sponsorship status as it is, who could he bring on board as a sponsor that will pony up the dollars to keep them racing. I too feel his only avenue to continue racing is to do the diversity training, move to another series and hope his skills and peoples memories will allow a future comeback.
Not saying what is happening to him is right, as it's not, but the world we live in now is not what it once was. Political correctness and butt hurt are much higher focused on now than ever.

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
With Hendrick Motorsports (no s in Hendrick) being all Chevrolet teams and with Chevrolet dropping Larson, I would be pretty confident that affiliation will not occur. Stewart-Hass? Maybe, but with the sponsorship status as it is, who could he bring on board as a sponsor that will pony up the dollars to keep them racing. I too feel his only avenue to continue racing is to do the diversity training, move to another series and hope his skills and peoples memories will allow a future comeback.
Not saying what is happening to him is right, as it's not, but the world we live in now is not what it once was. Political correctness and butt hurt are much higher focused on now than ever.
I’d say Gene Hass and Rick Hendrick have plenty enough money to pay the bill for him to race until a sponser comes on board, I worked in the buisness for 25 years and I’ve seen plenty enough of this kind of crap come and go. Biggest reason I got out. Did I spell everything right?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I went looking but did not see where Chevy dropped him 100%
I know the team let him go and nascar suspended him and sponsors dropped.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
W'ell see,he wasn't a racist in the publics eyes then..personally I could care less what he says or does.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’d say Gene Hass and Rick Hendrick have plenty enough money to pay the bill for him to race until a sponser comes on board, I worked in the buisness for 25 years and I’ve seen plenty enough of this kind of crap come and go. Biggest reason I got out. Did I spell everything right?

They do. But, will they? Million dollar question. Time will tell, and maybe time will heal. I just do not see it happening any time soon. We are living in unprecedented times with the utmost importance placed on folks in the public eye being above reproach..if not, penalties are to be paid, being anywhere from financial fines all the way to career ending. The point this incident falls to is yet to be determined. I just don't think a top tier team will be ready to make an offer and stand the chance of repercussions that MAY be forthcoming. Of course, all that could be forgiven if he completes his program and memories subside.
Your spelling was impeccable.....

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
They do. But, will they? Million dollar question. Time will tell, and maybe time will heal. I just do not see it happening any time soon. We are living in unprecedented times with the utmost importance placed on folks in the public eye being above reproach..if not, penalties are to be paid, being anywhere from financial fines all the way to career ending. The point this incident falls to is yet to be determined. I just don't think a top tier team will be ready to make an offer and stand the chance of repercussions that MAY be forthcoming. Of course, all that could be forgiven if he completes his program and memories subside.
Your spelling was impeccable.....
Agree 100%!

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Why would Rick do that? Why would he thumb his nose at Chevrolet and potential sponsors?

It makes no business sense.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
That’s my point exactly. If that word offends anyone , black , white , red , yellow , brown , or pink polka dotted. That person or group of people are simply looking to be offended.

we all learned. Or should have in elementary school that words no matter how they’re used , are utterly harmless.
When you were in Elementary School the Police were busy arresting Lenny Bruce for using the word "Schmuck" on one occasion and C***-S***** on another.

And if Kyle Larson had said called someone a C-S'ing Schmuck he may well have been in similar hot water.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Matt Kenseth to the 42!!

If they ramp up the season running 2 to 3 races a week with very little practice matt may have a learning curve to overcome....these cars drive and handle a bunch different than hes use to....

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would doubt Newman has done much iRacing since his injury. A severe concussion and computer screens with lots of movement on the screen don't really mix. I doubt his doctor would allow him to do that. He does "own" and iRacing team though.

Never was a Larson fan but to ruin a man for a word is hypocrisy at its finest. I might be done with nascar. All this political correctness is out of control. I promise I have said a lot worse in public and have heard a lot worse. I looked up the definition to see what was so offensive it said a derogatory term for black people. Haven forbid someone said something derogatory. The wussification of America at its finest. I'm glad hes still racing and doing what he likes. https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29138922/kyle-larson-race-dirt-event-being-fired

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don’t follow the racing any longer.......use to watch them all and attend several per year.......Too big for their britches ruined NASCAR for me. i used to be able to tell you every drivers sponsor and was loyal to many of the products that were sponsored on the cars. Couldn't name any sponsors or identify more than a couple of drivers now.

That being said.........seems like his comment sure gave a bunch of businesses an easy way out of sponsorship contracts during a tough business time. I’m betting they won’t be back on a car anytime soon.........

As far as the word he said........if you haven’t figured out that it cost big time to say stupid :donk:donk:donk:donk in public facing jobs these days.......maybe he will figure it out now........I don’t think there will be rioting in the streets over his word.......but dang that was an expensive lesson!