Kuiu Help

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I know this sounds like a weird reason to get new camo but who really needs an excuse to buy new camo?:p But, we want to enter the Kuiu film festival and I think the chances are better if we are wearing the camo. So, that being said, I can't afford the whole line that would take me from September to January so I am looking for Vias pattern for use from mid November to the end of the season. I can't afford the expensive stuff. I don't like the puffer stuff but I understand that it stretches and is quiet and warm and not as bulky as it looks. I will be bowhunting only so I might consider a vest for warmth over a layered, thinner jacket/hoodie. I will need a thicker pant but will probably add some merino wool layers for warmth. I will probably be buying on ebay and facebook marketplace rather than new. What is your experience? Can you help me pick out a couple pieces to look out for?

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
if you only plan to use it mainly here in NC or for that film I would go with the lighter pieces and get them a size or two larger than you need,,,that way you can wear when it's warm and layer underneath when it chills up

now if you were my size that's not an option as I believe Kuiu only goes to 2X in most of their stuff and it's not designed for tall long armed apes like me,,,

that's my .02 cents

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
I'd check out the rokslide classifieds also. I'd love to have a couple pairs of the attack pants. They have an outlet on their website that has decent deals on closeouts from time to time but no return policy on those items. Also, I hear most items run a little on the smaller side but I can't confirm. Link to their film festival? Interested in what it entails yo submit.

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Easy answer. Don’t buy any of it. Wait a few months and you can buy my 100% American made with 100% American fabrics outerwear, designed in North Carolina, sewn in Colorado, with a camo pattern developed by a frequent user of this message board.
Will be sold directly to consumers online and select retailers. Quality will equal to a Sitka type clothing but not made in sweatshops and supporting American workers.
I will leak more details in the coming months, but it’s happening.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Easy answer. Don’t buy any of it. Wait a few months and you can buy my 100% American made with 100% American fabrics outerwear, designed in North Carolina, sewn in Colorado, with a camo pattern developed by a frequent user of this message board.
Will be sold directly to consumers online and select retailers. Quality will equal to a Sitka type clothing but not made in sweatshops and supporting American workers.

Interested in seeing this. I ordered some Skre gear last year and loved it, I'll definitely support you and sent you a pm.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer

Will you have a film festival?:)

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
What size are you? I have several pieces. I would get a guide vest and guide pants for the chilly times and just layer underneath with merino or cheap down if it's real cold. You kinda learn how to layer for what temps.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
What size are you? I have several pieces. I would get a guide vest and guide pants for the chilly times and just layer underneath with merino or cheap down if it's real cold. You kinda learn how to layer for what temps.

I am a large (36w) and my son is a medium. I have my eyes open for a guide vest and pants. I thought I had ordered the vest last weekend when it was on sale but for some reason the sale did not go through. Already have a few pieces but looking for more. Really would like to have ultra tiburon shirt in verde for September whitetail.

BiggestSpikeYouEverSeen

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I jumped on the KUIU train 2-3 years ago and really like it. They're all about the layering. I don't like bulky/thick clothing if I can avoid it and their brand was right up my alley. Comfortable, stretches well when/where it needs to. Some of the jackets I've found to be a little less durable than I would hope when walking through brush.

In short, if I had ~$600 to get into KUIU (starting from scratch) and assuming I had solid base layers already I would probably go with the following....

- Attack Pants
- Kenai Insulated Jacket
- Chinook Jacket