Kubota Tractor and Mower

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Friend is buying a weekend getaway hunting/fishing retreat. He wants to get a Kubota zero turn mower and Kubota tractor. Is there any place to get a deal or are they all priced the same?

TIA!

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
I’ve been poking around in the market for a tractor. What I’ve found is used kubotas still bring all the money and new ones bring more. Dealers don’t have to wiggle or flex any. The next pickup will drive in and pay the price.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would suggest the most local to him that would be convenient for what he may need. He COULD maybe save a few bucks, but not enough to alienate his local dealer. Not sure he'll find a lot of difference if buying new.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Friend is buying a weekend getaway hunting/fishing retreat. He wants to get a Kubota zero turn mower and Kubota tractor. Is there any place to get a deal or are they all priced the same?

TIA!
Lexington has the best prices around here.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lexington has the best prices around here.
Don't quote me on this but I think they are number 5 in the nation in sales. Fairly impressive for a fairly "small" dealership. They are right here at the house and I bought several tractors from them over the years, most before they became Kubota dealers. I have known the current CEO since he was in diapers.

They aren't going to wiggle a whole lot but if you do much business with them they will do their best to keep you running. Especially so if you make a living with the equipment. I know that kinda grates on some of the guys that just use it part time which I am in that category. But I fully understand, the volume guys should get a little preference.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sink is a good dealer. That’s where I would go in that area. I bought mine from Midsouth in Salisbury. After being in business for 30 years they shut it down last year. That was disappointing. Last time I needed something, I had to go all the way up to Sink. Dad has used them for 20 years, and seems pleased.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sink is a good dealer. That’s where I would go in that area. I bought mine from Midsouth in Salisbury. After being in business for 30 years they shut it down last year. That was disappointing. Last time I needed something, I had to go all the way up to Sink. Dad has used them for 20 years, and seems pleased.
Midsouth was good folks, I bought a bunch of stuff over the years from Red and Bill. Both were nutty as a fruitcake but they were good folks. I hated to see it go under. I know the later years Bill was having a terrible time with stuff being stolen, as does Sink. Hard to fathom people having the balls to come on a place like that and steal equipment/tractors.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
I like all the dealers in this area,obviously Sink been in business forever,Stanly tractor close to New London really like their salesman,he's a good guy and the newest one in Franklinville is the best stocked with everything you'll ever need,imo

NCdoe

Ten Pointer
My husband was at Sinks today picking up filters. Great people to do business with. I highly recommend them. Check the Classifieds if you are interested in a used Kubota Grass Catcher purchased from Sinks. Paid $1600. Will sell for $800.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm currently in the market too, tons of options and manufactures. It is frustrating that most dealers won't post their prices online, they want you to call.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm currently in the market too, tons of options and manufactures. It is frustrating that most dealers won't post their prices online, they want you to call.

Pertaining to posting prices, I'm not sure they want to. Price is variable depending on several factors. I think who an individual is and how much/how long they have dealt with the dealer plays a part. Then you have a cash price. Then another price if you finance through them. Another price still, if you elect for the 0% interest finance.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Pertaining to posting prices, I'm not sure they want to. Price is variable depending on several factors. I think who an individual is and how much/how long they have dealt with the dealer plays a part. Then you have a cash price. Then another price if you finance through them. Another price still, if you elect for the 0% interest finance.

Interesting, thank you. Seems like it's different than car shopping, I'll adapt hahaha.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Check out this dealer site. https://sneadtractor.com/

They are in Alabama, but 2 years ago our local Kubota Dealer (New South Tractor) was within a couple hundred bucks of what Snead Tractor posted online.

Also, there's a kubota forum that many members are happy to post what they paid.

Southern

Ten Pointer
I buy on average of 1-2 kubota tractors every year. I go online to the Kubota website, build what I want and get a MSRP. From their depending on the tractor model and time of year, etc. I always get 15% off and sometimes closer to 20% but have never been able to do more than that.