Knocked my window out in my truck.....

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Question for you guys......I accidentally picked up a rock with the lawnmower and sent it through the passengers side rear window on my 2013 Ford F-150. I live in Greensboro. Bought it at parkway Ford in Lexington. What would be the best and most cost effective way to get this fixed? Open to all suggestions. I’m calling the Ford place in Greensboro in the morning but just curious if anyone else has ever done this. Thanks.

CoonHntr

Four Pointer
Just replaced a side window in my truck last week. Have no idea what happened, but when I woke up last Saturday morning it was shattered.

Called my insurance company and told them about it and they set up an appointment for that Tuesday to have it replaced at no cost to me.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Tri-city in Greensboro have several for $120. That's tinted, fx4 trim...no idea what your spec is though.

No way I'd turn this in on insurance, they use any excuse they can to raise rates imo.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My dad was, um, a character. He called his agent and told him his windshield was fogging around the edges. Agent said he was only covered for breakage, not delamination. Dad said, “hold on” and set the phone down. Bam! Picks up the phone. “Now it’s busted”. Agent paid the claim.

JoeR

Eight Pointer
There's no shortage of auto glass places in greensboro. Call one up. They'll replace it right at your house. Any of them will be cheaper than the dealer.
Joe

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Not broke but broken window in the wifes Taco. Just another known problem with them.
The plastic clips that mount the window crack and break. Window falls of track.
We called insurance and they said call this shop in raleigh.
Being it was not broke as far as glass we paid 140$ and had it done no deal or dings with insurance. They fixed it same day.
So if you got insurance call and see what they say. If you dont just call a few good shops and pick what you want.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pretty sure comprehensive insurance will cover it...... rates shouldn’t be affected..... but if you file it a bunch they will up your deductible on the comprehensive part of your policy...if you pay for it ......use it!

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pretty sure comprehensive insurance will cover it...... rates shouldn’t be affected..... but if you file it a bunch they will up your deductible on the comprehensive part of your policy...if you pay for it ......use it!
what he said