Kinston bbq festival

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Saw an episode of Farmer & the Chef recently about them opening a separate Oyster Bar. Did that ever come to fruition?
The Boiler Room oyster bar was open for many years, but closed about a year ago. The menu had Vivans spin on it and I really liked their burgers and a couple of "different" appetizers they had. Much preferred to the chef and the farmer. But I've always been more of a burgers and beer guy than an overpriced under portioned restuarant type.
There was talk of them combining the oyster bar into the chef and the farmer, but I don't know if that's still in the plans or not.

TH7

Eight Pointer
While we're on the subject of Kinston and BBQ was wondering if anybody has tried Kings BBQ lately?
I get a barbeque sandwich, fries and tea when I go through. It's usually good to me. Might get a big hunk of fat or two. Like said above, Neuse Sports Shop improved on prices when they made the store bigger. I think they did good with the shooting range before the ammo ordeal.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
there are some nice places in Kinston. It is a big are. But downtown Kinston is what I am referring too. It is not all bad. Employee just moved into Kinston mailing area but he is on a quiet country road with 25 acres. He has just about every huntable animal on his property.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
@Dick the people who own la cucina matina are opening a new hotdogs and burger place on Tuesday. Serving sabretts hotdogs. Not a huge menu but prices looked really reasonable.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
@Dick the people who own la cucina matina are opening a new hotdogs and burger place on Tuesday. Serving sabretts hotdogs. Not a huge menu but prices looked really reasonable.
where is this? Never tried la cucina marina either.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
downtown Kinston is what I am referring too. It is not all bad. Employee just moved into Kinston mailing area but he is on a quiet country road with 25 acres. He has just about every huntable animal on his property.
Exactly
I live in the "Deep Run" mailing area, about 9 miles south of Ktown, but my buddy 1/4 mile down the road lives in a Kinston zip code. He has 40 acres surrounded by other farms and woodlands. Beautiful area and I killed the buck in my avatar there.

Lenoir county, and most of the Kinston zip codes are perfectly fine and great places to be. But the actual city, more specifically east Kinston, is only slightly better than a warzone... Most people stay away from that area. That's where most of the shootings and other nefarious stuff takes place. It does spill over occasionally though.

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My mom and my wife are both from Lenoir county. Have never been to the BBQ festival. Maybe someday. Pig n Puppy was good last time i got one from kings a little while back. I like ma's hotdogs too. I was glad that they got the baseball team back. It was nice last time i went. Went to Boilerroom one time. Enjoyed it. i got a surf n turf burger. burger with fried oysters on it.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
the problem with Kinston is that the area of thugs is larger than the area of good people.

There's a lot of government supported people and a few very well off people.

Several years ago, the office I worked in was in the same building as the Century 21 real estate folks. The old lady couldn't figure out why they couldn't sell a house here nor why JC Penny was closing.

As V8stang stated, Kinston Zip code covers a large area. A lot of nice rural area

I know a girl that has killed a couple real nice deer on the edge of town.

Luckily, I don't have to go into town often, my office is on the south side of the town and I don't have to see the city.

I ate at King's on Friday. They have good fried chicken on the buffet and the shrimp was decent. My son ate the pig in a puppy sandwich. BBQ is fair.

It's amazing that the internet put Neuse Sport shop's prices in line with most folks. They give you a good size tube of crickets unlike some places that I've bought from. I think somethings are over priced, but I think it's the items that I'm just not interested in like the Big Green Egg stuff.

But, I wouldn't hesitate to go to the BBQ on the Neuse event during the day if I wanted to go.

Baseball stadium is lite up well at night. If you can park in the parking lot, you will be fine.

all that is worth what you paid for it.

TH7

Eight Pointer
Neuse has good end of season sales. 40-50 percent off. End of the year they have a big inventory sale. speaking of JC Penney's the mall might possibly be one of the deadest you'll find. Hadn't been in it in 10 plus years though.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Neuse has good end of season sales. 40-50 percent off. End of the year they have a big inventory sale. speaking of JC Penney's the mall might possibly be one of the deadest you'll find. Hadn't been in it in 10 plus years though.

the sale this year wasn't anything like the past.

The mall, is just about dead. Belk and maybe a few other small stores still there. IIRC they are supposed to be converting it into something like a indoor park. But I can't remember and I haven't seen anything going on there.

TH7

Eight Pointer
the sale this year wasn't anything like the past.

The mall, is just about dead. Belk and maybe a few other small stores still there. IIRC they are supposed to be converting it into something like a indoor park. But I can't remember and I haven't seen anything going on there.
Yeah, I was wondering if the covid mess changed the end of year thing. I went looking for a knife and sunglasses. Didn't get anything.