Kingfish broth for the dogs

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Got this big ole kingfish head out of the freezer from our deep sea trip. Head will be pressure cooked in the InstaPot. Then we will strain out all the bones/teeth/whatever else won’t break down. Seal it in mason jars. We do a lot of stuff like this to add to the dogs kibble. Organ meat, trout scraps, beaver chunks, etc.
1C05B7A7-83B4-49F4-A985-9D67611BF7F6.jpeg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
We do a lot of stuff like this to add to the dogs kibble. Organ meat, trout scraps, beaver chunks, etc.

you have some spoiled dogs,,,,unless you're doing that to bypass buying the dang kibble,,,,

I used to do that as a kid,,,my sled dogs lived on fish most of the year (mostly sucker meat),,,,

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
please Lord,,,let me resist this SEVERE temptation,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You would need to take it up with the Mrs.

Ellie (the dog) is a spoiled german shepherd. We have no yard to speak of, living on a postage stamp, and she's so friendly she would probably be stolen within a week.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You would need to take it up with the Mrs.

Ellie (the dog) is a spoiled german shepherd. We have no yard to speak of, living on a postage stamp, and she's so friendly she would probably be stolen within a week.
Well thats better than what i expected,,,

7EE04D0F-5E92-4305-BFF7-16CF52FD31C4.png

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
you have some spoiled dogs,,,,unless you're doing that to bypass buying the dang kibble,,,,

I used to do that as a kid,,,my sled dogs lived on fish most of the year (mostly sucker meat),,,,
Heck I didn’t know you kept sled dogs. Love to hear about that sometime

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That’s awesome. That’s a type of dog work we don’t get to hear about firsthand down here

it was fun while it lasted for me,,,,,joining the military in '79 put a squash on those festivities,,,,

everyone else in the 70s were racing snowmobiles,,,,me, I was wanting to do the mountain man throwback stuff,,,,solo winter camping, wild eating, the dogs, the snow,

life was good back then