Staff member
Contributor

my daughters like Glocks,,,,,
make sure to get you a nice holster....

giphy.gif

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Guys I traded it for a new OD Green Glock 17. Been wanting one with that frame for a while. I sincerely wanted to love it. But the consistent jamming, the mag not staying seated properly causing the gun to, you guessed it, jam and to boot, after I got slide bite for the 3rd time. I had had enough. Took it to my local pawn shop. They jumped all over it, regardless of the issues. He said Kimber's would soon be a rare and highly valuable item because one of their main factories was closing down? 🤷‍♂️ Regardless, I got a new piece out of the deal and he ended up with what he sees as a now rare firearm. Hey, he's happy and I'm happy. Just gonna stay clear of kimber firearms from now own. Just not worth it, spending that sort of money and having a good chance at getting a lemon.
What pawn shop would that have been? I'd love to get a new pistol for my CC and my wife's micro .380 is just sitting in the safe...gotta striek while the iron's hot so they say.

CarolinaReaper

I love Glocks.
But that made me laugh out loud.
Well played.

To be honest, I for some reason always tried to avoid Glocks. For years I looked upon them as sort of the iPhones of the firearm industry. But, as much as I didn't want to love them and hop on the bandwagon. My opinion was totally turned around when I shot a buddy's Glock 17. I just fell in love with it to be honest. The grip and angle fit like a glove and without a ton of "effort" on my part, the bullets just went where you pointed the pistol. Simple and accurate. Nothing more to say really.

As I said, it is a shame mine came with several mechanical issues, because they are no doubt beautiful pistols. But while a stripper may look fantastic on the pole, you damn sure shouldn't take her home and keep her as your girlfriend. 😅 😂

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
To be honest, I for some reason always tried to avoid Glocks. For years I looked upon them as sort of the iPhones of the firearm industry. But, as much as I didn't want to love them and hop on the bandwagon. My opinion was totally turned around when I shot a buddy's Glock 17. I just fell in love with it to be honest. The grip and angle fit like a glove and without a ton of "effort" on my part, the bullets just went where you pointed the pistol. Simple and accurate. Nothing more to say really.

As I said, it is a shame mine came with several mechanical issues, because they are no doubt beautiful pistols. But while a stripper may look fantastic on the pole, you damn sure shouldn't take her home and keep her as your girlfriend. 😅 😂

You treated that Kimber just like a stripper, took her home, played with her for a while and sent her on her way......

CarolinaReaper

Seems odd to go from a micro pistil to a full size though...unless you are going to get something else for pocket carry...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They had a couple handguns and a shotgun I was interested in. I wasn't so much being picky on it needing to be a pocket pistol. But when I seen the Glock 17 in OD green, I knew that's what I wanted. Been looking for one with that colored frame a good while honestly.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don’t see why anyone would want a pistol for carry that wasn’t loose and reliable. I can see the nice stuff for fun, match shooting, and show and tell....just don’t understand it for relying on it as a carry gun. I spend too much time in the machine shop to want that.
I am one of the ones that love Kahrs. I can tell you right now if you don't follow their break in procedure you are asking for trouble. If you do or should I say I FOLLOW them to the letter and I have never had one that have never given me one bit of problems but they have less than stellar reputation.

I have bought several used ones and the first thing I do is take them home, clean them meticulously and then run them through a break in procedure as if they were new just in case they weren't. So far I haven't had a used on that has given me any issues either.

I carry one of two daily, that means they get filthy, grinding dust/grit just plain dirt and debris. I will take an air hose and blow them off occasionally and that is what they will get. Every once in a while when one is real dirty I will pull it out and run a couple rounds through it before I blow it out just to make sure it isn't going to give me issues. Every so often when I am caught up I will blow them out and give them a good cleaning only for them to get terrible again in a few days.