Killer Sale in New Bern

CobraAviTek

Ok guys, I feel I've gotten all I can get out of it without getting into trouble. Sportsman's Toy Store in New Bern is having a crazy sale. The guy at the counter said they are thinking of relocating. Here are the discounts, all guns 20%, all reloading supplies 20%, all archery and bows 50%, all coolers 20% - 50%, all fishing at least 30%, clothing 30% - 80%, footwear 60% - 70%, eyewear 50%, hunting and tactical 40% - 50%. I was so close to picking up a PSE Dream Season for about $450-$500 but I just don't have the cash. I did clean up on stuff that I needed and a couple of things I wanted though. As far as bows, they have several Elites, PSE Pro Series, Martin Archery, and Two Bear Motives and one Element. Two PSE Dream Seasons were in the mix, one with 70# limbs and one with 60# limbs. They also had about three of the pro series that have a really short axle to axle length, like well under 30".

Tru-Ball Pro Diamond Release $55, Trophy Ridge REACT sight $75 (Last Lefty Model), Trophy Ridge 6 Shooter Quiver $22 (Not Pictured).
FB_IMG_14007056558464932.jpg

LaCrosse 18" 1000 Thinsulate Alpha Burly Sport $48, LaCrosse 18" Coil Scent HD Snake Boots $47.99.
IMAG0611.jpg

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Crap! They just moved into that new store a few years ago! Sounds like some good deals, even though they are a bit overpriced to begin with.

CobraAviTek

Yeah they are overpriced to begin with. But that sight sells for $130-$150 anywhere else and that release sells for $100-$120 anywhere else. Someone was paying $50 for that release used just last week (which is still a good deal I should say). Those boots normally sell for $140-$170 anywhere else too. These are deeper discounts than you'll find anywhere right now. I kind of see why they would move though. They got prime road frontage but their parking lot was never more busy than it was at the last location. Higher rent cost but same sales revenue tends to hurt in the long run.

Currently, that release is $115 at BPS, the sight is $150 at BPS and $160 at Cabelas, quiver is $35 at BPS and Cabelas, rubber boots are $140 at BPS and $160 at Cabelas, snake boots are $170 across the board online.

On those items, they have been priced in accordance with everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
Called to get a pair of boots. Hope they still have some.

THANKS for tip.

JFH3006

Last edited:

CobraAviTek

Good luck! They had plenty yesterday. Be aware they also had the previous year model called the Fang. They also had the venom scent hd and they had one or two pair of the alpha mudlite snake proof. Had the regular mudlites too. I didn't get the mudlites because I'm only 5'6" and the back of the boot dug into my knee when sitting. I need that cut out on the back of the boot for comfort in the stand. Oh, and they had some Muck's and a whole lot of Boggs too.

CobraAviTek

They've got to be re-branding and relocating, their website now redirects to americangunandtackle.com

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Yeah they are overpriced to begin with. But that sight sells for $130-$150 anywhere else and that release sells for $100-$120 anywhere else. Someone was paying $50 for that release used just last week (which is still a good deal I should say). Those boots normally sell for $140-$170 anywhere else too. These are deeper discounts than you'll find anywhere right now. I kind of see why they would move though. They got prime road frontage but their parking lot was never more busy than it was at the last location. Higher rent cost but same sales revenue tends to hurt in the long run.

Currently, that release is $115 at BPS, the sight is $150 at BPS and $160 at Cabelas, quiver is $35 at BPS and Cabelas, rubber boots are $140 at BPS and $160 at Cabelas, snake boots are $170 across the board online.

On those items, they have been priced in accordance with everyone else.[/QUOT

Just left... didn't see any pair of Lacrosse, Georgia,
Or muck boots for 50, 60, or 70% off. Only 40%. 140.00-199.00 at 40% off doesn't come close to $47.00. Also, didn't see any BOW 50% off,
Bow accessories yes...bows about 25%, which still looked high after
Being marked down. They did have good deals on carhertt clothes, and some fishing stuff. Also, not all hunting items on sale either.
Turkey hunting stuff regular price.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I did score a pair of Lacrosse Mudlite Snake boots for $100 out the door.....saved about $50.

CobraAviTek

Just left... didn't see any pair of Lacrosse, Georgia,
Or muck boots for 50, 60, or 70% off. Only 40%. 140.00-199.00 at 40% off doesn't come close to $47.00. Also, didn't see any BOW 50% off,
Bow accessories yes...bows about 25%, which still looked high after
Being marked down. They did have good deals on carhertt clothes, and some fishing stuff. Also, not all hunting items on sale either.
Turkey hunting stuff regular price.

Yup, my buddy stopped by again after I posted this. He got his boots for the same price as I did the day before. He said they had changed the discount on the boots, I guess they felt they were losing too much money on them. I have the receipt if you really want to see it, I absolutely did get that deal. I got those for $48 each. As for the bows, you have to talk to the guy. You also have to know what you're looking at, all the PSE bows were old models ranging from 2008 to 2010. They had them priced like current year new models. They said they could give them at cost, then I told them I would give them $300 out the door and reminded him that the bow was a 2008 model and the price on the tag could get me a 2014 with the same specs somewhere else. I ended up walking out with a 2008 PSE X-Force 6 HF cam bow for $300. IBO speed of 348 fps and 60# pull. When I got home I noticed a slight dent in the cam but it hasn't caused an issue yet. Even then, I'm keeping an eye out for a replacement HF bottom cam. The guy said not to pay attention to the price on the bows, which is understandable because those were the prices on the bows way before this sale began. The 25% off on the tag was completely inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator: