Kicking myself

np307

Ten Pointer
Me and a buddy started filming our hunts this year. Yesterday we had some birds gobbling on the roost and then one after flydown. We made move on the bird and he didn't make a sound -- or so we thought. Watching through the footage, after we crossed the creek toward the bird we got up on a dirt mound. I was focused on filming and my friend started calling. Plain as day on the video is a gobble after the first set of calls. Neither of us caught it. So frustrating, but that's what makes it fun.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Funny you say that... only way I figured out to take decent kill pics when hunting solo is to turn phone on video then take screenshots of parts I like

Anyway, done so today and even remember thinking to myself all the birds shut up after I shot... WRONG! While playing video to obtain pics.. what could you hear in the background? A gobble!

Guess I was so focused on my kill I never noticed or perhaps it was too faint for my ears

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Yep. Started videoing last year but just with a gopro. I definitely heard gobbling on video that I did not hear while hunting.

But how many times do you hunt with someone and one of you hears a gobble and the other doesn't? Or how many times have you both heard the same gobble and pointed in opposite directions?