Key Largo 4/2 - 4-6

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'll be down in the keys on those dates. If any other forum members are down that way you are welcome out on the boat.

MrVegas

Spike
OTW!!...lol, I wish. That's a very generous offer, hope you get to bless someone. Not a total loss on my part, heading to Buxton this weekend for 5 days!!

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I'll be down in the keys on those dates. If any other forum members are down that way you are welcome out on the boat.

I was just talking with my bro-in-law about KL. Thinking of taking my wife down there for our anniversary this fall. Never been.
Brother said they stay at (what was known as) the Dove Creek Lodge. I think it's now the "MB at Key Largo".

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The Cuda bite was on all week. lol

I caught some large Cuda trolling in the ocean. It turns out the dolphin were biting in 350-400' and I never went past about 300. I hit some awesome weed lines in about 270' and trolled those one day for a few hours. Something stole all three baits without even a pull of the drag. We hooked up at the reef a couple times and caught a bunch of almost legal yellow tail. I went backcountry a couple times and caught lots of mangrove snapper, shark and juvie cudas.

We had the most fun from the dock. The blue crab were everywhere. We had a nice crab boil one night and cooked up 5 gallons of blue crab. It was a lot of work but worth it.

I tried to get out the last day but a storm popped up and we had to turn back. It went from 1' seas to 4' in a matter of seconds. There was maybe 1 second spacing too.