Keurig Grief!

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
If your Keurig coffee maker gets clogged and you don't have vinegar on hand to cycle thru it........you can use cheap white wine to clean it out!

Ask me how I know..........:confused:

as a (general) hater of white wine, I approve.

I had some un-chilled white wine a few years ago and liked it much better than typical chilled.

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
Hopefully your Joe machine is doing better, but I think the wife would dislike me using her wine to wash the coffee machine.

We did do a vinegar cycle not too long ago. It's crazy how much gunk and coffee residue builds up in those things.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
The little pin gets clogged too. Damn near tossed mine before I fig it out.
That’s the biggest problem I have ever had with one. Especially, if using the refillable Kcups. And vinegar, wine, or Kentucky bourbon ain’t helping that problem.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
It’s a pretty good fix for any Keurig… new, used, clogged, or clean… I’m not a fan. But hey, to each there own, be it a Keurig or Creedmor. You do you…
I like the ease of 1 cup to go. It was a present to me. I had to be taught how to use it. Lifetime of using a Mr. Coffee, I had no experience with one.
But yeah, I'll do me.
And I'll let you do you.
Cheers

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I came across harsh… sorry Hunting Nut.

I drink a Keurig too for a quick shot - cannot beat the convenience for an afternoon cup.
I work 3rd shift. And alot of 12's.
It's easy to run a cup and go. I can make a pot with mine too but rarely do.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
The keurig was the best thing that ever happened to the coffee Supply at work before we got it quality of coffee depending on who made the coffee and the vast majority of my co-workers like the coffee as light colored water, now i make my cup the way I want my cup. Maude's coffee is a really good choice for Keurig pods, buy them off Amazon when on sale, great coffee pretty good price.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Best fix for a clogged Keurig is 165 grains of sierra game king at 2800 fps
I have one that needs a 10 gauge slug. I've run a gallon of vinegar through it, cleaned everything I can including running a small bottle brush through some of the plumbing and still can't get it to work right but have found a way to cheat it and get a cup out of it in short order. I'm a cheap sucker and don't fancy spending a hundred dollars on another one but it might come to that.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
An old timey pipe cleaner works well for cleaning the needle. Will have to trim some of the fuzz off before it’ll go in far enough to reach the clog.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The quality of coffee from my Keurig improved greatly when I ditched the pre-filled pods, bought a high quality reusable pod, and started grinding my own beans with a burr grinder right before making it.