Kerr Scott GL?

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Those that hunt there can you answer a few ? for me? anyone have luck there? also, Has bow season then Black-powder then when BP ends can you still hunt till end of season with BP or back to bow because there is no centerfire rifle... Thanks.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Yes, that is the way I understand it. Only 2 weeks of bp then back to archery.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The more i read it, it is back to archery after BP ends, which is ok with me.
Correct only 2 BP weeks very few taken off there its kind of aggravating place to hunt but if you walk it which won't take long its not big and hunts smaller than the acreage you can for sure find few spots that don't get bow hunted bad at all. Can be lot people traffic tale that into account and find spots off hiking areas

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Correct only 2 BP weeks very few taken off there its kind of aggravating place to hunt but if you walk it which won't take long its not big and hunts smaller than the acreage you can for sure find few spots that don't get bow hunted bad at all. Can be lot people traffic tale that into account and find spots off hiking areas

There are several different areas all around the lake to hunt. One of them is only accessible by water, (by the way the regs read). There is a "no hunt zone" that blocks off any access to that tract by land, unless they have changed the rules. And you are right about the hiking trails. I would definitley stay clear of the trails.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah the sections are relatively small and some of them there are parts that can't really be hunted makes it easy to scout. On plus side the aggravations keeps lot people from hunting it as matter fact its reason I rarely hunt it anymore. If you put in time you can kill a deer there