Keatts vs cheats

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
How many times was Grayson Allen ejected or suspended for tripping?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
exactly, allen is condemned to high hell. national outrage.

like I said it's a travesty until your team does it.
I doubt keatts lets this pass. We'll see. If he does shame on him.
Comparing him to allen is exactly what needs to happen if indeed allen should have received more upfront punishment as the allen haters allowed.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
How many times was Grayson Allen ejected or suspended for tripping?

exactly, allen is condemned to high hell. national outrage.

like I said it's a travesty until your team does it.
I doubt keatts lets this pass. We'll see. If he does shame on him.
Comparing him to allen is exactly what needs to happen if indeed allen should have received more upfront punishment as the allen haters allowed.
I don't put what Walker did in the same universe as to what Allen did. Walker's actions were a result of the other guys actions.

If he handles internally, it won't be letting anything pass. I'm sure Keatts will make it tough on him. He's already sit out basically an entire game.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Again, isn't that exactly what they're doing and isn't the ACC projected to have the highest payouts of any network in year 1? You're talking in circles on things we've already discussed.
I'm not talking in circles. You posted that the ACC is projected to pay $40 million per team. The Big Ten is projected to pay $50 million per team. You need to kick your math teacher in the butt if you think $40 million is greater than $50 million.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Guess I need to kick my math teacher....40 mil in my pocket is a helluva lot greater than 50 mil in yours...

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not talking in circles. You posted that the ACC is projected to pay $40 million per team. The Big Ten is projected to pay $50 million per team. You need to kick your math teacher in the butt if you think $40 million is greater than $50 million.
We've already hashed this out a week ago. Remember this?

As for the BTN network, it should be handing out the most $$$ as it was the trail blazer for conference networks. If I remember correctly the very first game ever broadcast on the BTN network was Appalachian beating Michigan in 2007. That was nearly 12 years ago so to point out that right now it is able to pay more money than anyone else, is not really news.
Context = Big Ten Network is 12 years old. ACCN is an upstart. For the same reason the SECN despite beginning 7 years after BTN, is valued at 4x that of BTN, the ACCN is going to open to historic payouts for a first time network, and that the value of the ACCN within the next 10 years is projected by many to be the highest of all networks.

Somewhere along the way, you've missed the context of this discussion.

1547496132953.png

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Homebrew, I think what you're missing is that NOBODY is discussing what the ACCN is going to payout tomorrow. We all know that established networks are going to pay out more in 2019 and in the foreseeable future. That isn't news. What we're discussing are the projections of where the network will ultimately end up and how the ACC has established the not only the top football/basketball conference in the country but the largest as well, and the value that it will have on a dedicated network.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
this is a nice diverse thread so I post this here
Is Folt removing the tainted unc basketball championship banners as she exits (like she did SS)?
Or is that just dan kane's wishful thinking?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Lol, you are stirring the pot!
well not as much as you may think. The N&O orchestrated the removal of SS thrus constant agitation. If you want; you can go back years and find editorials urging athletes to boycott to get it removed. Now they get their wish.

The N&O is determined to punish unc if the ncaa wont for the academic cheating chaos they spent so much treasure in developing.. Folt is a lame duck owned by the N&O. Look and see what they ask of her next.

Rubline

Eight Pointer
well not as much as you may think. The N&O orchestrated the removal of SS thrus constant agitation. If you want; you can go back years and find editorials urging athletes to boycott to get it removed. Now they get their wish.

The N&O is determined to punish unc if the ncaa wont for the academic cheating chaos they spent so much treasure in developing.. Folt is a lame duck owned by the N&O. Look and see what they ask of her next.
You'll see Pelosi pay for that wall out of her own pocket before Folt takes some banners down.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Soooooooo Keatts isn't a winner after all?
he may not be winning but he can perform miracles. from 24 to 96 against the #8 team in the country at home is pretty impressive.
Booo will remove him if indeed he doesnt win. no more yow cuddling of lost causes.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
One thing about 'down the stretch' is that teams will ultimately either begin to play better as they iron out kinks (especially those with youthful talent) or they'll get worn down (those with limited depth/talent). State is limited to it's depth, especially in the front court. I don't use the term 'depth' in terms of how many players you can play but how many you can play efficiently. They can't afford any injuries and they surely can't afford foul trouble. That in and of itself is not a good formula when said stretch comes and March Madness is looming. It's not to say that NC State won't flourish, it's to say it's not likely. State can't really play much better than they are right now given the team they have and brutal nature of ACC play, and like many others, I think State is a year or 2 away.
I said it a month ago and I'll say it again. State has peaked for this year.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Credit where credit is due. Amazing offensive performance from both teams. Terrible defensive performance for both teams.

Rubline

Eight Pointer
Soooooooo Keatts isn't a winner after all?
I don't think he is, I didn't like the hire right off the bat.
You can do a lot of yelling, foot stomping and run em hard in practice and put a little fear in the players but when you take the court you have to do some coaching.
Most of the time his team looks unorganized.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
You can do a lot of yelling, foot stomping and run em hard in practice and put a little fear in the players but when you take the court you have to do some coaching.
that is the refrain I am hearing, no half court sets, just chaos first open look stuff.
and 24 is on him. There had to be some intervention/plan he could have done to avoid that. in my and many other folk's opinion.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I like Keatts as a coach. I've seen some great things from his teams in a short time. However, all of this 'Keatts is a winner' BS, when he's accomplished absolutely nothing of significance at NCSU thus far, annoys folks.

This team was never going to be his bell-cow. As a matter of fact I think they over-performed to start the season.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
winning out will make them the hottest team around. just sayin.
Context is key. You're falling into the Doeren trap. Beating crap teams doesn't make you 'hot'. It just means you beat crap teams. We've already seen what this NCSU team is and they're a lucky shot against Clemson away from being on a 5 game losing streak.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Context is key. You're falling into the Doeren trap. Beating crap teams doesn't make you 'hot'. It just means you beat crap teams. We've already seen what this NCSU team is and they're a lucky shot against Clemson away from being on a 5 game losing streak.
You make a good point.
We'll see how it plays out.

Papa_Smurf

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Give Keatts a little time. he has the guys working hard, but this team is a hodge podge of players....the shear fact that they have been as close as they have to some of these teams is amazing as far as i'm concerned. Get some talent on the roster will go a long way to turning some of those close games to wins.