Keatts vs cheats

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Did you also play a sport at your alma mater? We’re you also employed at the highest position in the Athletic Department for 17 years?
alright let me clarify.
I wasn't talking about myself.
all pines told us she was an alumnus of unc.
you asked to name one alum that doesn't root for their alma mater.
I did that.
I have heard here many many many unc alum are/should be appalled by the cheating at unc and abandoning the sports support.
maybe even swofford?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
But yet you and others want to claim the 32 wins has over NC State in football when your grandparents were in diapers and players were wearing leather helmets with no face masks.

Ignorant.
Ignorant? That's classy, like I have said it is a proven fact people who ridicule others have low self esteem and do that to make themselves feel superior.
Now back to the situation at hand. Yes we can claim the 32 wins. The problem is No 18 year old recruit cares what a school did before he was born. That part of it went over your head. I am sorry you have low self esteem issues.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Swofford will never abandon the place that butters his bread.

I just don’t understand how people can say that he has no bias towards UNC.

The dealbreaker was his silence on the whole scandal while speaking about other NCAA problems with other member schools.

You look around at other conferences.

PAC 12
Larry Scott
Harvard University
0 affiliation to any PAC 12 member

SEC
Greg Sankey
SUNY, Syracuse
0 affiliation to any SEC member

Big 10
Jim Delany
UNC
0 affiliation to any Big 10 member

Big 12
Bob Bowlsby
Minn St University, Iowa
0 Affiliation to any Big 12 member

ACC
John Swofford
UNC graduate, member of UNC football, spent 17 years as UNC’s athletic director.

You don’t understand why people would believe any bias would happen?

That’s naive.

If anything, it’s such a big conflict of interest, it’s laughable.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Ignorant? That's classy, like I have said it is a proven fact people who ridicule others have low self esteem and do that to make themselves feel superior.
Now back to the situation at hand. Yes we can claim the 32 wins. The problem is No 18 year old recruit cares what a school did before he was born. That part of it went over your head. I am sorry you have low self esteem issues.

So far from reality it’s not worth commenting.

People gloating about about all their “schools” success but ridiculing others for the same because the success is dated but counts the dated success of their school.

Yeah that’s ignorant.

And that has nothing to do with a person’s “self esteem”

Lol.

Last edited:

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
wonder why member institutions tolerate the bias you say is so obvious?
Maybe.........

He’s their boss?

Look, I just explained above why people might have questions. Is there cold hard proof of bias? He would be dumb to do that. Is there behind the scenes bias? Probably so. You can’t have a resume like his and in a position like his and people not question.

Just like all other conference commisioners, I believe there shouldn’t be any affiliation with your conference.

Why are other conferences like that?

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
wonder why member institutions tolerate the bias you say is so obvious?
Because it appears that the ACC in nearly any and all sports, is flourishing, except to NCSU fans. Swofford is simply guilty by association in their eyes, not that there is actual proof of any bias towards UNC.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Why hasn’t anyone answered this question that was posted earlier.

Why did the director of ACC officiating, Bryan Kersey, have to bring in 3 officials from outside the conference to work the game Tuesday night?

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Because it appears that the ACC in nearly any and all sports, is flourishing, except to NCSU fans. Swofford is simply guilty by association in their eyes, not that there is actual proof of any bias towards UNC.

Swofford’s negotiations of TV deals should of sent him back to the UNC athletic department staff.

And that has nothing to do with NC State.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I did not realize that Debbie Yow worked for swofford.
Why hasn’t anyone answered this question that was posted earlier.

Why did the director of ACC officiating, Bryan Kersey, have to bring in 3 officials from outside the conference to work the game Tuesday night?
because Yow warned him that his bias was so obvious there would be rioting if ACC refs called this game in Raleigh?

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I'll bite. Why?
Just looking at the bottom line numbers...

ACC is last in Power 5 conferences.

Each SEC school receives 41 million.

Each ACC school receives 27 million.

Huge Discrepancy.

Why?

ACC has 3 of the last 6 national titles in football and played in another during that timeframe.

ACC basketball is best in the country.

He simply fell behind his peers when negotiating tv deals for a variety of reasons. Lost ton of potential money.

Last edited:

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I did not realize that Debbie Yow worked for swofford.

because Yow warned him that his bias was so obvious there would be rioting if ACC refs called this game in Raleigh?

Don’t know what happened but it was refreshing to see. Thought it was well officiated game.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
It was big ten officials cause state has whined so bad in the past. State fans have a chip cause duke and unc beat up on them so bad they are like democrats and have to put the blame elsewhere than where it belongs.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
It was big ten officials cause state has whined so bad in the past. State fans have a chip cause duke and unc beat up on them so bad they are like democrats and have to put the blame elsewhere than where it belongs.
Link to where NC State requested officials outside of its conference affiliation?

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Just looking at the bottom line numbers...

ACC is last in Power 5 conferences.

Each SEC school receives 41 million.

Each ACC school receives 27 million.

Huge Discrepancy.

Why?

ACC has 3 of the last 6 national titles in football and played in another during that timeframe.

ACC basketball is best in the country.
First off, the ACC numbers are pre-network and the SEC #'s are post network. Second, those numbers from the SEC and Big Ten have long been called into question from a sustainability side. The SEC network alone has lost more than 8 million subscribers in the last 2 years. Third, the ACC network is expected to be valued near the top of ALL networks, an expectation that will boost school revenue by AT MINIMUM $10 million per school. That would blow the doors off the SEC's first year boost of $5m and would put yearly shares for each school at nearly $40m in year 1, placing it past the Pac-12 network and near the SEC in just one year! Give it 5 years and I would bet my bottom dollar that the ACC network will be valued higher than both the SEC network and Big Ten.

You have to remember that while most of these conference were negotiating these deals, the ACC was in a big transition ridding themselves of a fiscal nightmare in Maryland and adding Louisville, along with locking the elephant in the room into the conference, that being Notre Dame. The ACC will now have shored up the top basketball and football combination of ANY and all conferences, something that was not feasible 5 years ago.

I think what Swofford has done in his negotiation is brilliant when you look at what happened behind the scenes and how the conference shapes up now, considering the contract they could have been locked into all those years ago, would not have done justice to what the conference is today. It will pay off.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A side benefit of using officials from other conferences is letting teams see what they may encounter in the March Madness!!

Both UNC & NCSU will play in March!! 👑

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
First off, the ACC numbers are pre-network and the SEC #'s are post network. Second, those numbers from the SEC and Big Ten have long been called into question from a sustainability side. The SEC network alone has lost more than 8 million subscribers in the last 2 years. Third, the ACC network is expected to be valued near the top of ALL networks, an expectation that will boost school revenue by AT MINIMUM $10 million per school. That would blow the doors off the SEC's first year boost of $5m and would put yearly shares for each school at nearly $40m in year 1, placing it past the Pac-12 network and near the SEC in just one year! Give it 5 years and I would bet my bottom dollar that the ACC network will be valued higher than both the SEC network and Big Ten.

You have to remember that while most of these conference were negotiating these deals, the ACC was in a big transition ridding themselves of a fiscal nightmare in Maryland and adding Louisville, along with locking the elephant in the room into the conference, that being Notre Dame. The ACC will now have shored up the top basketball and football combination of ANY and all conferences, something that was not feasible 5 years ago.

I think what Swofford has done in his negotiation is brilliant when you look at what happened behind the scenes and how the conference shapes up now, considering the contract they could have been locked into all those years ago, would not have done justice to what the conference is today. It will pay off.
Agree. ACC’s new TV deal is great.

I just think there was a lot of lost revenue to be had for whatever reason with the negotiations and deals that were made previously by him.

He has to own those as well.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Did the ACC get rid of Maryland or did Maryland jump to the Big Ten for the money?

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
The Notre Dame deal was/is stupid.

Either commit to the conference in ALL sports or go kick rocks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

the acc was in danger of folding or becoming a shell of itself is the way I remember it.
swofford got the conference thru that.
That may be why the other members allow his obvious bias. LOL

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
What? How did we get on ND in this thread. Back on task. Keatts lost to a better coach the other night. PNC arena should be named Roy's arena.