Kayak or Canoe?

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
A lot of good advice on here. I have hunted out of both for years and have found the Ascend H12 is my best option.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
No one has said that a person can't hunt from a Kayak, you can hunt from an inner tube if the fancy strikes you. What was mentioned was the stability for a beginning paddler and sheer cargo capacity. More than one way to skin a cat...

Maybe the sarcasm in my last post escaped you. None intended in the following. There are so many varieties, shapes, end uses and sizes of canoes and kayaks available that blanket statements such as, "There isn't a Kayak made that is as stable as a canoe" are false and/or come from very uninformed individuals.

<>< Fish

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
That's a huge blanket statement that is false. There are too many hull design variables for that to be true. The Native Ultimate kayak is as stable if not more stable than a similar length canoe thanks to its dihedral tunnel hull. I can stand easily and cast from my Ultimate and Pescador kayaks but not from my Old Town 119 canoe. Hull design and end use design is almost everything concerning how stable a canoe or kayak can be.

<>< Fish

that native maybe called a kayak but in truth it is more of a canoe than yak.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
that native maybe called a kayak but in truth it is more of a canoe than yak.

Looking at one from above it does resemble a canoe but it is still very much a kayak. It has more in common with sit-in kayaks but it has no enclosing top. The side profile even looks canoe like but the hull bottom is very different than a canoe which gives it greater stability and tracking than a similar sized canoe.

<>< Fish

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Looking at one from above it does resemble a canoe but it is still very much a kayak. It has more in common with sit-in kayaks but it has no enclosing top. The side profile even looks canoe like but the hull bottom is very different than a canoe which gives it greater stability and tracking than a similar sized canoe.

<>< Fish
Yep it is really neither...I surely d ont think of it as a kayak.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Little late to the party here... I used to have a 10 foot fiberglass canoe that I would give a bunch of money to have back. It was super light and easy to maneuver. I used for everything. Duck, deer, turkey, small game, fresh and salt water fishing. I loved that thing. I always used a kayak paddle. You can haul pretty good boogy with one and if the water gets narrow, you can break it down and just used one piece.

E2A97F0B-C928-46F0-AF42-EAEC13AEED96.jpeg

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Little late to the party here... I used to have a 10 foot fiberglass canoe that I would give a bunch of money to have back. It was super light and easy to maneuver. I used for everything. Duck, deer, turkey, small game, fresh and salt water fishing. I loved that thing. I always used a kayak paddle. You can haul pretty good boogy with one and if the water gets narrow, you can break it down and just used one piece.

View attachment 32876

Heck yeah. I try to have at least one canoe hunt a year and I have a mad canoe 11 footer. She is a slug but I can fit a lot , even
b74ec10aa28e9727f2f5e79ae84f31f4.jpg
my deer cart. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk