Kayak Fishing

FlipFlop281

Button Buck
Anybody fishing from a kayak on here? Just got started last summer and I’m enjoying it so far. Here are some pictures of my rig.

Attachments

• 3D735A5E-E8F5-42B1-BF19-B4A75B02462E.jpeg
    3D735A5E-E8F5-42B1-BF19-B4A75B02462E.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 59
  • B8916595-A4A8-4526-B390-2D8A5B97DDF0.jpeg
    B8916595-A4A8-4526-B390-2D8A5B97DDF0.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 58
  • B5554017-E27B-47BB-811A-D8C222F3E728.jpeg
    B5554017-E27B-47BB-811A-D8C222F3E728.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 55

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
Yes , I do , well did...
got a small tear in my left rotator cuff moving heavy stuff myself , then tweeked my old wrist injury (right) , so have not paddled since last June . Sure looking forward to March to pierce some lips !

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
yes, wife and i both fish out of our kayaks,,,,too much fun,,,,,,get to see things up close that you miss in a bass boat......river fishing is especially fun....drift along until you find a nice turn or rock....,.just tore the hell out of my right rotator cuff this morning, so hopefully ill be good by spring.......turned a corner on mountain island lake one day and had two deer swimming across the cove and two turkeys waiting on them on the other side......just beautiful.....nice rig you have there....but, keep it simple and things wont get to tangled up...

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yes , I do , well did...
got a small tear in my left rotator cuff moving heavy stuff myself , then tweeked my old wrist injury (right) , so have not paddled since last June . Sure looking forward to March to pierce some lips !
brother, just had my right wrist fused from athritis, and now this with my rotator cuff......sux, but ya have to keep a positive attitude......water helps everything.......cant wait to get back out there

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Sure do, finally got another one. Had a Wilderness Tarpon 100 and a Jackson Kilroy that I sold before moving up here the other year. Picked up a Crescent Lite Tackle and been getting it rigged up. Looking forward to river float again and doing some kayak tourneys.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Mine is just an entry level Bass Pro Ascend 12T, but it gets the job done. I've thought about getting a larger one, or one with a pedal drive. But right now everybody is sold out and backordered for months, so I'll hang onto this one for a while.

Before you call the game warden, my buddy who took the picture caught one as well...

IMG_6070.JPG

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
did it for many years up in PA and Delaware. Susquehanna flats for big striper. Conowingo dam. Even did a little whitewater. Went this summer a time or 2 but have not hit it hard in years. shoulders are shot, but I can still putt around.

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
Oh yeah!! Been fishing for years now out of a kayak. I feel its a reel (pun intended) game changer (as opposed to fishing from the bank) I do fresh and saltwater. I just wish I could paddle faster than 3mph.

FlipFlop281

Button Buck
yes, wife and i both fish out of our kayaks,,,,too much fun,,,,,,get to see things up close that you miss in a bass boat......river fishing is especially fun....drift along until you find a nice turn or rock....,.just tore the hell out of my right rotator cuff this morning, so hopefully ill be good by spring.......turned a corner on mountain island lake one day and had two deer swimming across the cove and two turkeys waiting on them on the other side......just beautiful.....nice rig you have there....but, keep it simple and things wont get to tangled up...
I’m looking forward to a river float this spring. I’ve already seen some pretty neat stuff on the river that I hadn’t seen before!

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
Grandson uses kayak, my son and I use a Coleman Crawdad on the New River. Lots of fun but need a better way to get it from pickup to water and water back to truck. Trying to figure out a set of wheels that can travel with us and not take up much room in the boat. Please catch and release those smallies. It takes years to get to 3 lb or more.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Mine is just an entry level Bass Pro Ascend 12T, but it gets the job done. I've thought about getting a larger one, or one with a pedal drive. But right now everybody is sold out and backordered for months, so I'll hang onto this one for a while.

Before you call the game warden, my buddy who took the picture caught one as well...

View attachment 58906
nice boat!..Nothing Wrong with a Ascent 12t , probably the best boat out there for the money

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm in a kayak most of the time. I usually end up fishing by myself, whether in a boat or a kayak anyway. A kayak is so much easier to load, transport, put in, take out and I can do it in places you could never do it with in a boat. No registration sticker, or motor to break down either. I currently have a Perception Striker 11.5. I'd like to upgrade to something like the Perception Pro, but with moving into a new house not long ago, we have other thing of higher priority to think of.