Just wondering what others are doing

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
Went fishing at at Falls Lake today. More crowded than the 4th. Still trying to figure out this fresh water stuff. Caught a couple white perch. Nice day. When we left there were five rangers in the parking lot. They were friendly b

timber

Twelve Pointer
Planted some string beans and several kind of greens yesterday. Going plant some sweet corn today. If get late April frost maybe replanting few things. But way everything is shutting down might have plenty free time anyway

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Installing a mini-split ac/heat unit. I was gonna go put a roof on Monday and if I already had the materials I still would. The thought of being inside their showroom with all that traffic couple with the new cases being reported in Craven may keep me home for awhile...

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Waxed the wife 's car yesterday and put new brake shoes on my 2006 tacoma today. Will mow the grass for the third time Thursday or Friday . Should have everything ready to go before turkey season unless the wife can think of something Else.!!!!

double

Twelve Pointer
Our pastor videoed his sermon and posted to our Facebook Church Group. He also reminded us that bills still need to be paid and that the offering plate would be in the hallway from 10-12. :)

We had a live stream 2 weeks ago and drive in church Sunday. Crazy thing our offerings have almost doubled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Cutting grass, eradicating a zillion dandelions which have blown in from a neighbor's property over the years, working on a friend's chainsaws, tractors and implements, looking after my wife, avoiding people.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Grilled hybrid. “Glazed/marinated” with butter, honey, sriracha, splash of soy, couple drops of sesame oil, sprinkled with fresh cracked black pepper and kosher (didn’t have sea) salt.
Slices yellow squash and zucchini with EVOO and Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning AE13D401-BA4F-4106-B2E8-EC18F39476FE.jpeg

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Hanging out here at the house , doing all the honey do's ,pressure washed deck and house ,mowed grass, changed out a ceiling fan , did some scouting have a few birds to hunt come opening day. no worry's about time out of work for all of April and possibly some of May.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
IMG_4393.JPG

I'm by no means a carpenter but I built my nearly centenarian grandmother a ramp. She waited 99.5 years to fall and break her hip. Might leave the middle landing open so she can get in and out of the Viking.

PS. Getting all sorts of goodies together for my new Pew Pew :)

ahales

Four Pointer
Decided to build myself something to hang some of my European mounts on. Found an old tree that a barbwire fence used to run through as the post and some old pallets for the bottom. Probably get some moss or something to fill in around base.

Attachments

• 8735106B-5EF8-4AF6-8287-1C90E0C094D8.jpeg
    8735106B-5EF8-4AF6-8287-1C90E0C094D8.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 27

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Decided to build myself something to hang some of my European mounts on. Found an old tree that a barbwire fence used to run through as the post and some old pallets for the bottom. Probably get some moss or something to fill in around base.

I built one out of barn wood for my wife's 10 point that she shot with a muzzle loader.
The cedar post came from an old barb wire fence.20200404_085456.jpg

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Ran a few fox dogs early this morning, turned out at 12 mid hooked up on a big red caught them up at 6:30 had a killer chase the last hour he almost messed up on his social distancing and got caught so I decided to catch them so I could get a chance to run him again.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
Today I ordered a new carb kit etc for the Honda GX31 tiller. We will see if this is beyond my skill set. I may be back here for help next week when it gets here.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Me and my sweetie put my little 10' Pelican in Goose Creek after lunch and went fishing. First time I'd ever fished that creek, she grew up on it, and had never caught a speckled trout before. Today she got her first, a danged nice 20"er....
We caught three, hers was the only keeper this time. Had a blast....
And yes, we maintained our social distance....dammit.....

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Changed the oil in my truck...broke a bolt to the skid plate so a 30 minute job turned into a 90 minute job.
Wishin I was fishin.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Cut up one of the trees we felled a little while back. Stopped halfway through because I got tired of working on the Poulan I bought 8 years ago. Went and bought a Husqvarna 440, came back and nearly finished that one. That thing is a little beast. Got 4 more to start on tomorrow.

Cooking homemade pizza and some brats now.

Sausage, bacon, garlic, cayenne, homemade ranch sauce, and fiesta blend cheese.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Got an Instant Pot and finding all kinds of food from the second have of 2010's and trying/creating new recipes. Tonight it will be first "smoked" then instant potted beef ribs circa 2014!

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got an Instant Pot and finding all kinds of food from the second have of 2010's and trying/creating new recipes. Tonight it will be first "smoked" then instant potted beef ribs circa 2014!

You can thank me later. lol.

After I pull it out of the pressure cooker, I tear it apart and broil on high for 5 minutes.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Social distancing at the hunt club after having new windows installed this week....then the frig died so it ended up being a 20k week..... all looks good though!!