Just wondering what others are doing

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Our pastor videoed his sermon and posted to our Facebook Church Group. He also reminded us that bills still need to be paid and that the offering plate would be in the hallway from 10-12. :)

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Digging ramps!!, thought those things would never come up. No problem now with folks keeping their "social distancing" from me:cool:
No doubt there......there’s a hotel room door still propped open on 19/23 up in the hills. I cut loose a few good ones in there 10 years ago......still can’t rent that room

Today (day 3 of W@H):
3/4 of a pot of coffee
2 emails
3 texts (we’ll work related anyway)
5 episodes of Golden Girls
Lots of ear scratching with the pup
One squirrel chased and almost caught off the bird feeder.

cut and split firewood, and played with dog Friday, between phone calls, emails and texts, but this week is my “off week” as the crew I supervise is at home with the new split schedule due to COVID-19, but I still wake up and check in with the boss, field emails and such as needed.
I dont believe I would have told everyone about the Golden Girls. -1 on the man card! LOL! :ROFLMAO:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We livestream church every week, but now it's just pastor and a small worship team on stage with no one in the sanctuary. Then we held a Zoom sunday school with interactive chat discussion, which went a lot better than I thought it would. On Zoom, the leader can talk, and everyone else mutes their audio, so you can see everyone but not hear them. Our teacher had some power point slides including the scripture and discussion questions that showed up from his screen, and then we used the chat function to give short answers. That way we weren't using audio and talking all over each other. First time I've used Zoom, but that worked well. We had 41 families participate.

Zoom seems to be pretty popular.
I know that’s what the school my wife teaches at is using for their interactive digital learning classes while school campuses are closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain’t worried about my man-card worth. Especially to another man. Long as the opposite sex thinks I’m manly enough, and currently, it is, I’m good. 😬
Just joking with you if you like Bea Arthur you just watch your show! I have been diagnosed with toxic masculinity. ;) Pic or it didn't happen!

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I have a billy that will kill kids. Wife says a doe is in labor so I round him up with relative ease and put him in a separate pen. Shortly after I watched the doe have her twins. They get up and I go in for dinner and leave them to bond. The forecast is cold and rain so I made the decision to round them up and put them in shelter. Typically I leave them be but her last set died drowning in a cold rainstorm at 2 days old.

I have a very rudimentary barely function system for the goats. I don't handle the goats in the daily fashion I take care of my cattle so the goats are half tame livestock. I prepare the area and put the kids (bucklings btw) in and go back for the doe. Figured wife and I could push her in, nope the damn goat wouldn't go.

It was nearing dark, I grab my rope and chased that doe in the 3/4 acre pen... on foot! Running at breakneck speed over uneven terrain after a 50 lb goat holding rope in both hands along with a flashlight.... it takes some skill.... and a lot of endurance. I was missing on account she was running so close to the fence that the rope was deflecting off the fence. I tried heeling, heading, and cussing her to damnation. I never let up and kept running her down. Finally after about 20 minutes of running... and 7 misses... I roped her.

PITA!

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I have a billy that will kill kids. Wife says a doe is in labor so I round him up with relative ease and put him in a separate pen. Shortly after I watched the doe have her twins. They get up and I go in for dinner and leave them to bond. The forecast is cold and rain so I made the decision to round them up and put them in shelter. Typically I leave them be but her last set died drowning in a cold rainstorm at 2 days old.

I have a very rudimentary barely function system for the goats. I don't handle the goats in the daily fashion I take care of my cattle so the goats are half tame livestock. I prepare the area and put the kids (bucklings btw) in and go back for the doe. Figured wife and I could push her in, nope the damn goat wouldn't go.

It was nearing dark, I grab my rope and chased that doe in the 3/4 acre pen... on foot! Running at breakneck speed over uneven terrain after a 50 lb goat holding rope in both hands along with a flashlight.... it takes some skill.... and a lot of endurance. I was missing on account she was running so close to the fence that the rope was deflecting off the fence. I tried heeling, heading, and cussing her to damnation. I never let up and kept running her down. Finally after about 20 minutes of running... and 7 misses... I roped her.

PITA!

Gotta love goats! I had a doe due last Thursday come down with ketosis Wednesday. A couple shots of banamine and I Was down at barn every 3-4 hours giving her 20cc’s of Karo syrup and. Thursday night at midnight, she went into labor. Stayed down at barn till 4:30am. She had 3 huge doe kids. All healthy and momma is healthy again too.

I keep seeing people saying they are bored on social media. I’ve offered for them to come to my barn and shovel crap but so far no takers. Haha

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Scouting Turkeys, Streaming Church services, still keeping my customers yards looking great and spraying their money with Lysol.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
About to go brave the public to go find some mf toilet paper

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You gonna be mad when that foray is over. There is a whole case minus a partial roll just a few minutes from your house but your dead meat if I get down there and it’s gone. lol

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Life is just about normal here. Only difference is with two we don’t cook much and of course that has changed. I went to Va and picked up a couple deer dogs last weekend. I honestly have no idea when my big truck had moved prior to that. My huntin/every day driver has set 4 days. That is a first since I have owned it.

Church was canceled Sunday so we watched a TV service.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Took my 93 year old MIL to buy groceries and tp ,no luck on tp. Went to scout tor turkey saw two tom at 250 yards ,time for a nap.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer

PITA!
You had a goat ropin" and didn't sell tickets ?

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
got to Lowe's this morning , before the city announced stay home order ,
picked out a gallon of paint for exterior door and 'shutters' , is on the honey do list ...

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Life is just about normal here. Only difference is with two we don’t cook much and of course that has changed. I went to Va and picked up a couple deer dogs last weekend. I honestly have no idea when my big truck had moved prior to that. My huntin/every day driver has set 4 days. That is a first since I have owned it.

Church was canceled Sunday so we watched a TV service.

Same here.

I've always been a "social distancer" anyway, so the new normal fits in perfectly with my lifestyle. In fact, it gives me the perfect excuse with the wife: "No honey, we shouldn't be socializing with your friends, coronavirus." It's the perfect excuse........

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Same here.

I've always been a "social distancer" anyway, so the new normal fits in perfectly with my lifestyle. In fact, it gives me the perfect excuse with the wife: "No honey, we shouldn't be socializing with your friends, coronavirus." It's the perfect excuse........
Lol Til I show her this post .... for a nominal donation to the bag12day “feed the crappies some fresh minnows” gofundme page we will forget all about it.... deal? I’m gonna go distance some crappies from the water tomorrow and rehome them in some grease.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Had planned on planting some sweet corn and snap beans today but ground still little to wet. May try tomorrow