Just when you loved to hate them, Henry Rifles.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Henry's version of the camp 9.

Speaking from a strictly utilitarian view, not a bad idea.

Adapters for a variety of magazines. GLOCK, Smith & Wesson M&P, and SIG P320

Charging handle can be mounted ambidextrous. Right side only eject.

Now, lets see the price...

0116230924_HDR-scaled.jpg

Lee

Six Pointer
Henry's version of the camp 9.

Speaking from a strictly utilitarian view, not a bad idea.

Adapters for a variety of magazines. GLOCK, Smith & Wesson M&P, and SIG P320

Charging handle can be mounted ambidextrous. Right side only eject.

Now, lets see the price...

View attachment 108877
YouTube says $850. I have watched so many Shot Show videos that I don't remember which one said that.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It’s mostly because they are not that accurate and not as well built as the price suggests. They are pretty (at least the brass receiver ones). All the ones I’ve owned/shot were OK performers at best.

as well as most of the ones I've handled / shot were heavy for what they were, and their center of gravity was "off" for my preference

Why the hate for Henry rifles?

"hate" is a strong word, I don't "hate" any firearm, heck, still own a single shot Henry (sold the others I had acquired),,, but I don't prefer them as other firearms fit me better

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I certainly don't "hate" them, I just prefer other brands over them. They tend to be overpriced for what they are and their quality control isn't as good as it could be at times. Some people have beautiful Henry rifles that perform well, I've only had one and it was one of the first one's made when they started building them again. It just wasn't up to snuff and it was a .22 lever action, something that should have been a flagship gun.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I thought hate was too strong a word, but I thought the title:

Just when you loved to not really hate them, just not really prefer them, Henry Rifles.​

didn't sound catchy enough.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Henrys are just Klunky/heavy/dont feel right hunk of metal.......I can't stand the sights either. Give me a Marlin or Winny any day.