Just picked up another front stuffer

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have always wanted to play around with an under hammer and this one caught my eye with its very cool furniture. It has 2 barrels (a .36 Green Mountain heavy barrel as well as .50 traditions barrel that I hope to pop some deer with next season.

Attachments

• Underhammer.jpg
    Underhammer.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 135

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Glad I clicked the thread instead of just taking it at face value. That looks good! I hope it shoots up to your expectations.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Beautiful stock on that piece! I hope she shoots as good as she looks. Don't discount that .36 caliber as a deer killer either. That bullet/ ball doesn't have a ton of mass, but it will shoot pretty flat in my experience. Not that I'd make plans to use it over the .50 caliber for deer, but if you're squirrel hunting and a nice buck or fat doe gets too close, it will do the job. Looking forward to what you can do with it.

Jim

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I'm all but sure you won't like it.

As a favor, I will dispose of it for you, quietly and discreetly, to save you any shame.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Nice sights though. I love me a peep sight. Is the 50 cal similarly sighted?

Last edited:

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
The 50cal barrel has more traditional buckhorn sights. I need to find another peep insert that has a smaller opening.

I tried to standardize my peeps and have different inserts for use in the field. Bigger diameters work better at dusk, for me.