• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

Just picked up another front stuffer

UncleFester

Twelve Pointer
Glad I clicked the thread instead of just taking it at face value. That looks good! I hope it shoots up to your expectations.

CutNRun

Six Pointer
Contributor
Beautiful stock on that piece! I hope she shoots as good as she looks. Don't discount that .36 caliber as a deer killer either. That bullet/ ball doesn't have a ton of mass, but it will shoot pretty flat in my experience. Not that I'd make plans to use it over the .50 caliber for deer, but if you're squirrel hunting and a nice buck or fat doe gets too close, it will do the job. Looking forward to what you can do with it.

Jim

surveyor

Ten Pointer
I'm all but sure you won't like it.

As a favor, I will dispose of it for you, quietly and discreetly, to save you any shame.

surveyor

Ten Pointer
Nice sights though. I love me a peep sight. Is the 50 cal similarly sighted?

Last edited:

surveyor

Ten Pointer
The 50cal barrel has more traditional buckhorn sights. I need to find another peep insert that has a smaller opening.
I tried to standardize my peeps and have different inserts for use in the field. Bigger diameters work better at dusk, for me.