Just for you qbd2 :)

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
But they got it on video..seems to be the thing...I've seen people wreck cars tryin to video accidents on road...stupidity seems to be widespread

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i would probably do the same today if it came to it. :)
having had the little river in montgomery county be in play for most of my turkey hunting days when one would fly across you dang sure would not want to lose it.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The real question is how many of you would have got wet and crossed the river to play with them (assuming it was legal of course).
I would do that as well.
Potential Headlines "idiot drowns"" family claims foul play as he couldnt possible be that dumb." LOL

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The real question is how many of you would have got wet and crossed the river to play with them (assuming it was legal of course).
I would do that as well.
Potential Headlines "idiot drowns"" family claims foul play as he couldnt possible be that dumb." LOL
To be honest i woulda considered it years ago but don't see how I could and not get gun drenched he had to actually swim so I'd passed. Now a days it wouldn't enter my mind id just enjoy the music

Wv67

Ten Pointer
If legal I would of went across the river to what looked to be a field , but on the wet part I would of done the same if that’s what it took to get the turkey , if I shoot it , I’m doing all I can to get it ,

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I would do that as well.

Well maybe I am that crazy... but yes I’ve crossed several (some very dangerous)... some I got soaked in

Starfan

Eight Pointer
What was he supposed to do watch him float away? The only thing I would have did different is to not swim against the current. He didn’t have to get out where he got in he just panicked a little.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
What was he supposed to do watch him float away? The only thing I would have did different is to not swim against the current. He didn’t have to get out where he got in he just panicked a little.
i think he was very surprised when the turkey "came alive" :)
A very easy waist deep retrieval became more.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Coulda' jumped in one of them big black contractors bags and went after him like them hunting public guys do.

Randy

Ten Pointer
In 2006, the first spring I hunted in eastern NC, I called in 2 gobblers across a 15 feet wide canal. Without a second thought I shot one and he instantaneously flopped into the canal. I was able to find a long enough dead limb and get him over toward my side of the canal but I had to go down the bank into the water to grab him and still got wet up to my waist. Then it was all I could do to make it back up the steep bank. After it was all over and I got home I got to thinking and I was kind of glad he did flop into the canal and had not died on the opposite bank.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Did anyone besides me see that huge ole snake just waiting for me to jump in that river??? Heck no, no way I'm going in there with so many snakes just waiting on me. That was Alabama you know. LOL.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
and another, I guess those alabama turkeys dont know they aren't supposed to fly across and get killed?
Great stuff at 15:29 point.