just for my friends,,,

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Turkey gobbling hard about to show , you hear something and ease around to see that thing looking at ya LOL. Dang it man

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Those are some big snakes..I've been told that they are hard to find except in the Everglades, they are very nocturnal.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Can someone answer a question for me. Every time I see people on TV or videos of python hunting, they’re always catching them alive. Is live capture a requirement for python hunting? 1 shot to the head and bagging them makes a lot more sense to me.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Can someone answer a question for me. Every time I see people on TV or videos of python hunting, they’re always catching them alive. Is live capture a requirement for python hunting? 1 shot to the head and bagging them makes a lot more sense to me.
Where's the sport in just shooting them? That's like shooting a deer over a corn pile with a "crossgun" :)

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Where's the sport in just shooting them? That's like shooting a deer over a corn pile with a "crossgun" :)

The sport lies in finding them. As I stated to Eric these creatures are ambush predators hiding and waiting for an unsuspecting mammal to come buy. Initial Python hunt yielded less than 100 killed. People were walking around in fields looking for them. Not happening..they are native to S America. Estimated that over 100,000 reside in S Florida. They have decimated the small mammal population in the Everglades. Top of the food chain

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Yeah they call that guy The Python Man or something like that. I believe that one was just a tad short of state record. It was a 16 footer.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Turkey gobbling hard about to show , you hear something and ease around to see that thing looking at ya LOL. Dang it man

Worse yet is to get setup get the turkey in close and look up and see that joker in the tree above your head.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I don't understand the idea that it needs to be a sport. It's horrific that they are there. Bobcat, coon, and possum non-existent just about.

I love snakes except these.

Shoot em shoot em shoot em.

hawkman

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I was going to participate in the first "round up" but the numbers wouldn't work for me to even break even so I didn't go. Once they figured it out and began paying enough money to make ends meet with a little gravy left over I'd grown older and wiser and decided to keep my butt at home and fight the stuff closer to home....

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Let me just say, I don't have enough :poop: in my body to deal with my emotion if I came across something like that while working! I don't have a soil auger long enough to deal with one like that!