Just for my Bud,,,

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
A couple of years ago, we had a fund-raiser at our hunting club. We paired up with the local horse council to sponsor a trail ride. Part of the deal was that lunch was served to all riders. The guy serving the sweet tea didn't realize that he was serving a commercial concentrated syrup. He was supposed to mix a gallon of it with 5 or 6 gallons of water, before he poured it over ice, but he didn't get the message. I think he served up about 3 gallons of that stuff before somebody said "That tea is a might sweet, ain't it?"
I love this story so much. :)

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There are a lot of variations of slaw. Bad slaw is terrible, but good slaw is on point. Most any good slaw will have that Dukes though. I say most because there are a couple variations of marinaded slaw that are good.

one of my favorites is one my grandpa made whenever they fried fish under the barn shelter. It had cabbage, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, carrots.....and probably a few other ingredients. He made it off the top of his head and I’m sure stuff got added or subtracted based on availability. I’ve seen times where it got hand chopped and other times when they didn’t have the chopper and it was all done with a knife. It was the best course slaw I’ve ever had. Always a bit different from batch to batch but always good.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The first time my wife met my family she was asked if she wanted something to drink which she responded some tea be nice. Of course tea in her vocabulary at the time meant sweet tea. She was given a tea cup with hot water and a tea bag :D despite that she still married me .
We both drink unsweet ice tea these days. But if I'm at one of her family members house and ask for tea it will be sweet tea and a pile of ice..... up north they are pretty stingy with the ice too. I grew up on fried bologna sandwiches on white bread..... almost never had a biscuit till I moved south.