Just fine 2

Trchunting

Twelve Pointer
Thank you all for the prayers and comments. We'll my hunting season is going to be cut short. I will be admitted in Duke Hospital on Dec. 6. They are gonna put me on some Machine and said that it could take a up to 2 weeks to get a heart. I'm scared. I'm also torn knowing someone will die and I get to live. If you would like to say a prayer for me please PLEASE pray for my doners family as well.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Prayers up. Not gonna sugar coat it you're in for a rough ride but it's worth it to still be here. There will be lots of doctors visits and life long anti-rejection meds, but you'll wake up feeling better than you've felt in a long time. My gf just celebrated year 18 of her living donor kidney. Year 16 for the pancreas is in a couple weeks thanks to a young man thoughtful enough to check that organ donor box.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'll never forget... I remember it as clear as if it had happened yesterday....

My friends dad had just been notified of a match.

Our family traveled with them to Duke, 2 hours away. My parents kept the mother occupied and distracted. I hung out with my friends(2 brothers.)

We were messing around in the hallway when the elevator finally opened. A gentleman, carrying a small red igloo cooler stepped off. He was in possession of my friend's Dad's new heart.

Everything went as planned.

That was 17 years ago, and he's still alive and kicking.

Well be praying for you.

*Edited because it was long.

Last edited:

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Thank you all for the prayers and comments. We'll my hunting season is going to be cut short. I will be admitted in Duke Hospital on Dec. 6. They are gonna put me on some Machine and said that it could take a up to 2 weeks to get a heart. I'm scared. I'm also torn knowing someone will die and I get to live. If you would like to say a prayer for me please PLEASE pray for my doners family as well.

Prayers are inbound!! This is the first I've read of your health situation. Try not to be torn...I'm an organ donor, and if I pass and any of my organs are worth a durn, it would please me greatly to no end to know that I have provided eyesight and/or contributed to a person being alive longer!! Keep us posted, please. Again..you and your family have my prayers!!
Edit: And certainly, prayers for the donors family!!

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

I'm an organ donor and if I got hit by a truck, I would be so grateful if I could give you extra years.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Best of luck on the transplant. Medical science has that one pretty well down pat, so it should be a breeze. Prayers for all concerned!

RBR

Six Pointer
This is awesome news, sounds like you’ve been moved up on the list. I had this done 12/2008 at the age of 48 at UNC. Now at 59 doing great working 60+ hrs a week and enjoying 6 grandchildren that otherwise I would have never known.
I hope your procedure goes as well as mine, in four days I was walking two miles a day around in circles in a confined hallway because the feeling of walking and being able to breathe was such a great feeling. I no longer had to spend my nights standing up with my head on a tall dresser because I could not breathe laying down. It is the most precious gift you can ever receive. I could go on and on about what a blessed man I am……God is great.
I am truly thankful to the organ donors we have on here, without these unselfish people I would not be here to enjoy such simple things. I will be praying for you and would be glad to talk or answer any questions.PM for my number. Wish you all the best.

Last edited:

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
You and all involved will be in my prayers, including the surgeons, nurses and other support people. As mentioned before, this is gonna be a long road, but continued prayers will be sent.
Please keep us updated on your progress.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
You got it. You'll be going on the phone prayer lust at my church. By sundown there'll be hundreds praying for you guys.

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
It’s amazing to see the process of prayers being answered . I’d wish you luck but having the lord on your side is better than any amount of luck and I’d say he’s there with and for you.
You’ll be living for 2 after this
Congratulations!

TH80

Eight Pointer
Prayers sent to you and your family. You’ll have many more hunting seasons to come.

outdrsmn

Six Pointer
This request is impactful because we have a society have lost our way and get caught up in the things of less importance. Politics, race and religion have put a wedge in between us. I hope that most of us on this forum can move beyond those three things and just be the best citizens/neighbor we can be. That too is my prayer!

Sir, I wish you the best and may the Lord keep his hand on you and your family. Additionally, may the donors family find solace in knowing that this donation gives another deserving person a second chance. A chance to be healthier, a chance to give of thine self and lastly a chance to live as you (Lord) see's fit.

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Prayers for all that are involved, Will be praying for Guidance for the Surgeons,Complete healing for you, Peace before surgery and Comfort for the donors family.

jmcleod

Six Pointer
Prayers for you and the donors family. My best friend had a heart transplant a couple years ago at duke and is living a great and blessed life. I wish the best for you also.

Merlin

Six Pointer
Prayers for all involved in this. I have several friends and family members that have gone through various transplants. They are leading wonderful lives. It’s amazing what modern medicine is capable of. God’s grace and peace to you all.