Just add water

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
21544cc002cf25483e2dbf9c9592e4cb.jpg

This was drill seeded 6 weeks ago along with 25 others that look the same. Not a drop of rain here since we planted. We have just enough heavy dew mornings for it to break ground. Pitiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jug

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dead serious. Pretty sad really

I believe they would look like that as dry as it had been, I was mostly referencing the part about planting 25 food plots like that one. That's a LOT of planting!

Anyways, between Sunday and today we are getting the soaking we need. They should be jumping very soon.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm starting to see a good bit of green in the Oats & Greens patch i sowed Labor Day. This cooler weather after the dry spell is hurting my crabgrass lawn, so i'm hoping it's really oats & greens that i'm seeing in the food plot. It's on the other side of a 200yd wide hay field, so i haven't went to inspect in person since the rain.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
I believe they would look like that as dry as it had been, I was mostly referencing the part about planting 25 food plots like that one. That's a LOT of planting!

Anyways, between Sunday and today we are getting the soaking we need. They should be jumping very soon.

Most of the plots are pretty small in the 1-2 AC range. A few are larger but acrage wise it’s not that much. We do have a 2 mile powerline cut running through the property. Most but not all of that is planted. Was out there today and the rain we had on Sunday has done us well. I’m betting by next week it will be nice and green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk