Jug Fishing Questions

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Mack, what do you use for the leader? Is that red mono or what? Almost looks like fly line.
It is high strength braided cord. It is the line that I use for limb lines which makes it easy to see so I just made some noodles with it. Great limb line cord. The mono I use on my jugs is 60 lb...

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Also if jug fishing Jordan on really hot summers the oxygen level is nil below
14 ' give or take so I never run lines at Jordan deeper than 10' .....Kerr is a different story and yes you can use just your wildlife number now. Mine are pool noodles with 3/4 pvc 18 inches and the pool noodles is 12. I use a magic marker to put my info on them.

Mack

I was reading on the markings yesterday.
It showed current required data as NCWRC number and full name.
It was on the web site for NCWRC.

Was that always required or change. At one point and I did see only the number...

Wondering if one section shows number only and other both?

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Mack

I was reading on the markings yesterday.
It showed current required data as NCWRC number and full name.
It was on the web site for NCWRC.

Was that always required or change. At one point and I did see only the number...

Wondering if one section shows number only and other both?

I think it started out as a name and address. Then the smart ones figured out right quick a post office box is a address. The number thing is new to me but I been out of the game for a while now.

PS....you ant never going to figure out how to catch them big cats on rod and reel until you throw them jugs down. On the right night a good rod and reel guy can catch more on 6 rod and reels than most can on 80 jugs. I'm just throwing this out there for thought..I jugged in my time too...but I always wonder why I couldn't catch them on rod and reel. Not directed at anyone..just food for thought to those who shared my thoughts.

Last edited: