JORDAN HAS BEEN GOOD TO US

KetchumOutdoors

Button Buck
We got up to Jordan last weekend in the rain and wind. Saturday was tough and Sunday was no picnic. Ended up with 17 total crappies for the weekend. Biggest fish right at 14”. Thanks for the tips guys and I’d be lying if I said we didn’t talk to some guys on the water who had good pointers. 25650

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the tips guys and I’d be lying if I said we didn’t talk to some guys on the water who had good pointers.

you sound like me, my buddy crappie fishes way more than me. first thing i do after i get the graph turned on is see water temp and give him a call, tell him temp, water clearity and weather and he can about tell me the right depth, areas and colors to use.

KetchumOutdoors

Button Buck
I'm not up on crappies, but I thought they come into the shallows to spawn. Are these pre spawn?
Yes, some of the big females had eggs, but all fish were caught in 24 feet of water. We got a couple weeks until they’re up in the shallows on the downed trees and docks... all it takes is a few warm days in a row for the water temp to get up into the higher 50s and it’s on. We were dealing with 49-51 degree water last weekend.

MyHrly

Six Pointer
We got up to Jordan last weekend in the rain and wind. Saturday was tough and Sunday was no picnic. Ended up with 17 total crappies for the weekend. Biggest fish right at 14”. Thanks for the tips guys and I’d be lying if I said we didn’t talk to some guys on the water who had good pointers. View attachment 25650
Nice! I picked up that $39.95 Fish Fryer at bass pro Saturday, cooked up a mess of fillets. Im gonna have to head back to Jordan soon.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Nice! I picked up that $39.95 Fish Fryer at bass pro Saturday, cooked up a mess of fillets. Im gonna have to head back to Jordan soon.

If you are thinking about heading back and you fish from a boat, you should check the status of the boat ramps.

Please be advised that all of the NC State Park boat ramps are closed due to flooding.

MyHrly

Six Pointer
If you are thinking about heading back and you fish from a boat, you should check the status of the boat ramps.

Please be advised that all of the NC State Park boat ramps are closed due to flooding.
Thanx for the info, looks like this weekend will be a "washout".... fish will still be at the bridges for another few weeks. maybe we will have dry weather sometime in 2019!!!!