Johnson outboard

kilerhamilton

Twelve Pointer
2stroke. I think it is 5hp
Runs with a squirt of starter fluid. I think the carb needs to be taken apart and cleaned. Needs a fuel pump as the plastic nipple is broke.
300$ comes with gas tank. Ran fine earlier in the season. I think I sucked up some trash from gas tank.
If anyone is interested I have a tank to run it. And can take pictures if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Would like to see a pic when you get a chance.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
2stroke. I think it is 5hp
Runs with a squirt of starter fluid. I think the carb needs to be taken apart and cleaned. Needs a fuel pump as the plastic nipple is broke.
300$ comes with gas tank. Ran fine earlier in the season. I think I sucked up some trash from gas tank.
If anyone is interested I have a tank to run it. And can take pictures if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fuel pump should be no problem. I own a vintage 1956 model 18hp Johnson and a couple years ago the fuel pump went out! :eek:

I was certain I'd have to search the World to find a replacement.

I went to a local outboard shop and told the guy at the counter about my problem..........without looking up at me he pointed to a wall and said "bin 3"! I walked over to "bin 3" and there must've been 100 fuel pumps in it. The guy told me that Johnson had not changed their fuel pumps in years. Heck, when I went to mount it, even the screw attachments were the same as the old one. :p

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Johnson isn't bad to get parts for older stuff. They had some bastard years when they converted from breaker to electronic in the mid 70's that electronics can be a real PITA but most of the parts other than that you can readily source. Mercury on the other hand good luck.