Job Over

RPD689

Spike
I set a NCWRC permitted location for two aggressive dangerous coyotes Friday. I caught him yesterday and her today. I sure wish that all of them went this fast.

It's the first time that I made use of the new $50.00 license required to perform depredation work for compensation. Harold is more versed on the law than me, but I believe that one cannot be paid, reimbursed for gas or any other expense, given future hunting access or a myriad of other things considered compensation while doing depredation trapping. In addition, you cannot trap with a permit unless you are a certified Wildlife Damage Control Agent as being one is a requirement for getting the license.

This new law did not originate from NCWRC. It came about as a result of the pest control association going through the legislative process. There is a lot that I do not know or understand about it yet. Confusing as Chinese algebra.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Well Jimmy, you’re the coyote whisperer that I would expect to git em fast!
So you must take the ADC course AND get a $50 permit?
$50 permits for each job?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Used to be a WDCA could write a permit for another to use. I was the 29th WDCA in nc but have been out of it for a while. Nice job on the yotes...

RPD689

Spike
Annual license. Just my opinion, but it seems that the pest control companies are trying to eliminate competition since they decided to become wildlife damage experts.. Orkin now owns Critter Control.

Last edited: