Jeter to HOF

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As a lifelong Red Sox fan, the only thing I’m upset about is.....it wasn’t unanimous.

Derek Jeter is pure class (on top of his stats).

Congratulations, Captain.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
I just looked that play up and watched it again. Also wanted to add that it was an excellent tag by Posada as well!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
it was a long time tradition that no one got it unanimously then rivera did. so really no surprise on the lone no vote.
Jeter was a winner above all else.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The one (play) that stands out, to me, was his final AB in Yankee Stadium. How befitting.

My fondest memory of him will be the moments after he got his 3,000th hit. He brought no attention to himself. He was SO respectful (to the other team) and did nothing to show them up, only acknowledging the accolades when they were lobbed by his opponents.

Like I said.... PURE CLASS.

Last edited:

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Who is the 1 person who said Jeter doesn't belong in the HOF is my question? Idiot!

The most memorable play Jeter made in my mind was when he flipped the ball home to nab Giambi. The throw was over the cut off mans head and not strong enough to make it to home plate. Amazing play by a great player!

Agree but it seems to happen all the time. It seems some guy(s) just will not approve a first ballot guy on general principle. Until Rivera ( last year?), there had never been a unanimous vote. Haters gonna Hate, as they say.

I want to know who said Nolan Ryan wasn't a first ballot famer. They should have their credentials revoked.