Jesus

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Less we forget, Adam and Eve knew they were naked when they sinned, and Adam didn't run off with Steve, or Eve run off with Jane. best I understand.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I see both sides of the argument but I must say that all of those who are so quick to discount the knowledge of scientists while posting on an Internet forum made possible by scientists utilizing all the modern conveniences and technology that the scientific community has created. The argument is that God has helped/allowed those scientists to do these things....but not tell how old the universe is.

I don’t find that my belief in science and my belief in God to be at odds. Some folks see it my way others don’t. I am at peace with it.

I don’t have all the answers and I don’t trust anyone who says they have all the answers no matter what they might be selling.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
I see both sides of the argument but I must say that all of those who are so quick to discount the knowledge of scientists while posting on an Internet forum made possible by scientists utilizing all the modern conveniences and technology that the scientific community has created. The argument is that God has helped/allowed those scientists to do these things....but not tell how old the universe is.

I don’t find that my belief in science and my belief in God to be at odds. Some folks see it my way others don’t. I am at peace with it.

I don’t have all the answers and I don’t trust anyone who says they have all the answers no matter what they might be selling.
I was reaching out to people that maybe had never heard a Biblical opinion before. If you have an understanding of the Holy Bible, are familiar with Gods word, and know Jesus is our only mediator then may God bless you! And bud, I ain't selling nothing!

RedneckCutie90

Button Buck
I tend to think that there are certain things we won’t know/be able to pin point until we get to Heaven ... but I certainly don’t believe the earth is millions of years old and blah blah blah!
I’m more on the tens of thousand years, I really like Ken Hams research and thoughts in this, via Answers in Genesis.
what truly matters is if you know Jesus or not, after that the rest is pure Faith :)

DrAsus

Spike
Jesus is my Lord and Savior!

I've always looked at the creation story in Genesis or the Earth's creation like this:
God SPOKE it into existence. How long does it take to speak a few words or sentences? Now this could be like telling my son to clean his room on Monday...and finally by Friday he cleans it.
God could have spoken some words and it did take time to manifest. Who knows? Only God does.

But I will also say that God can speak a rock into existence and the carbon dating can say the rock is 14 million years old....but it is actually a few seconds old. Because He is God!!!

DrAsus