It's basketball season

Yes, they beat Gonzaga. That was a solid win.

Unc has also gotten whipped by Michigan and Texas.

Playing a tough schedule is great. But they have 3 losses, one of which was a blowout and the other to an unranked team.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-12-22/college-basketball-scores-schedule-top-25-net-rankings?amp

That's the rating system that matters. Not the biased AP or Coaches Poll.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
AP and Coaches polls will be obsolete sooner than later.

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #2,681
But Luke is the guy who is going to dominate Zion in all stats. Luke Maye can't guard a lawn chair.
No argument from me here, the dude has taken a huge step back. Although I still don’t think Zion is what everyone makes him out to be, Luke has just been horrible this season.

I still stand by the fact that they need to play Little at the 4 and Luke at the 5. None of the UNC bigs have stepped up and Little clearly doesn’t play well coming off the bench in 3-4 minute stretches.

But Luke is the guy who is going to dominate Zion in all stats. Luke Maye can't guard a lawn chair.
No argument from me here, the dude has taken a huge step back. Although I still don’t think Zion is what everyone makes him out to be, Luke has just been horrible this season.

I still stand by the fact that they need to play Little at the 4 and Luke at the 5. None of the UNC bigs have stepped up and Little clearly doesn’t play well coming off the bench in 3-4 minute stretches.
I've said for years Maye is a huge defensive liability. He gets abused by athletic bigs. He's nothing more than a system player who works very hard on his game, but he's just so limited.

Unc has all kinds of problems. No stability at PG, Kenny Williams is awful, no big men worth a crap and lineup issues.

They beat Gonzaga strictly because they hit shots well above their season averages.

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #2,683
I've said for years Maye is a huge defensive liability. He gets abused by athletic bigs. He's nothing more than a system player who works very hard on his game, but he's just so limited.

Unc has all kinds of problems. No stability at PG, Kenny Williams is awful, no big men worth a crap and lineup issues.

They beat Gonzaga strictly because they hit shots well above their season averages.

While I agree they have problems, Coby definitely isn’t one of them and neither is Kenny Williams. Kenny is one of the best on ball defenders in the ACC and has a good offensive game. The post is where the problem is. I think Roy should embrace small ball and make opposing bigs come out and guard Little and Luke, hopefully offsetting their production with fouls. Unc will be fine and will continue to evolve as the season goes on, but they’ve got to get Little going consistently in games. I think Littles inability to defend is what’s keeping him on the bench, but we will see.

End of the day, Luke helped lead Unc to a national title and Roy gives priority to upper classmen, I understand why he won’t bench him. We are all arm chair QB’ing a HOF coach who has won at a higher level than 99% of coach’s in the college game so....

I’m still shocked that he’s bragging about a $300 meal for 6 people...assuming 8.25% tax and 15% tip, that’s only $40/person in food...you can do that at applebees...
You shouldn't be shocked that he thinks you all are dumb country bumpkins who think $300 is a fortune. It's an elitist UNC attitude.

So the State crowd is accused of referencing a new poll that the NCAA will carry more weight for its ncaa tournament as the “ABC” crowd?

Gotcha.
no lunker you are accused of being silly in your rush to dismiss unc and the polls.
you latch onto a brand new poll: one that has been ridiculed all year: but hey it's the only human opinion poll that matters since it has ncsu ahead of unc,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

no lunker you are accused of being silly in your rush to dismiss unc and the polls.
you latch onto a brand new poll: one that has been ridiculed all year: but hey it's the only human opinion poll that matters since it has ncsu ahead of unc,
The NET isn't a poll.

Its the NCAA's new formula put together to give value to a teams resume.

Secondly, it's not a human opinion poll.

Yes, it matters because the NCAA uses it. They don't use the AP or Coaches Poll to select teams.

The NCAA selection committee must be biased! Lmao.

I think Maye will average more points/assists/rebounds than Zion. Zion will be a highlite reel of dunks and fancy plays, but he won’t defend and he will fold when his offensive game gets shut down.

Those are my thoughts.

Check out post # 2373 of this thread, and let us know if you still feel the same.

You shouldn't be shocked that he thinks you all are dumb country bumpkins who think $300 is a fortune. It's an elitist UNC attitude.
No, they accused me of saying I didn't watch the game cause I was squirrel hunting or fishing when they suspected I did watch it. My response was I really didn't watch the game because I was out to eat. And the wife told me the meal was more like 400 bucks but who is counting. Lol. They the haters on this forum think they are better than everyone else . Their team doesn't cheat. Roy sucks, Dean lied so on and so on. Oh and every time I mispell a word or dont use correct grammar it is the state fans that call it out. That is the elitist in them coming out. Some Accuse me of not graduating from Elon, that would be state elitist . I am sure they will pound on this post as I am typing while leaving Rodman dam and I am sure there are grammar issues typing this fast and on a phone but I don't care. BUT, the elitist on this forum will. I have never seen a unc fan on here get on to Some one about their grammar. I don't think all state fans are country bumpkins,, my 2 best friends are chemical engineers from ncsu a nd my other best friend was top of his class in electrical engineering. It is just probably 6 on this forum that act like kids . But y'all carry on. Polls suck , unc sucks, thor is coming , mack has a 6th grade education, lol yada yada yada.

Last edited:
No, they accused me of saying I didn't watch the game cause I was squirrel hunting or fishing when they suspected I did watch it. My response was I really didn't watch the game because I was out to eat. And the wife told me the meal was more like 400 bucks but who is counting. Lol. They the haters on this forum think they are better than everyone else . Their team doesn't cheat. Roy sucks, Dean lied so on and so on. Oh and every time I mispell a word or dont use correct grammar it is the state fans that call it out. That is the elitist in them coming out. Some Accuse me of not graduating from Elon, that would be state elitist . I am sure they will pound on this post as I am typing while leaving Rodman dam and I am sure there are grammar issues typing this fast and on a phone but I don't care. BUT, the elitist on this forum will. I have never seen a unc fan on here get on to Some one about their grammar. I don't think all state fans are country bumpkins,, my 2 best friends are chemical engineers from ncsu a nd my other best friend was top of his class in electrical engineering. It is just probably 6 on this forum that act like kids . But y'all carry on. Polls suck , unc sucks, thor is coming , mack has a 6th grade education, lol yada yada yada.

Merry Christmas bud. I’ll buy you a beer if I knew you.

Everything will be ok.

Read that article twice and still trying to find the “bias” of a state fan in it.

He explained to the layperson on how the NET rankings worked.

Still trying to figure out how this one was labeled a human opinion poll.

Read that article twice and still trying to find the “bias” of a state fan in it.

He explained to the layperson on how the NET rankings worked.

Still trying to figure out how this one was labeled a human opinion poll.
who came up with the weighting factors of the rankings?
for years RPI was supposedly bias free, so now it isn't.
according to the latest greatest opinions of ? I hope it's humasn
but don't worry lunker, you'll be dismissing the NET as garbage should your boys slip.
which I think they will if I halfway understand the process,. they aren't going to be winning by 50 from here on out every night.
by the way that was some pretty work your club did on Auburn, denying them a shootaround before the but whipping you laid on them. gave Pearl a wonderful excuse. state is getting the hang of this winning at all cost stuff. LMAO

I hadnt heard about this until our annual Christmas family state unc duke ecu bantering. It was great fun.

who came up with the weighting factors of the rankings?
for years RPI was supposedly bias free, so now it isn't.
according to the latest greatest opinions of ? I hope it's humasn
but don't worry lunker, you'll be dismissing the NET as garbage should your boys slip.
which I think they will if I halfway understand the process,. they aren't going to be winning by 50 from here on out every night.
by the way that was some pretty work your club did on Auburn, denying them a shootaround before the but whipping you laid on them. gave Pearl a wonderful excuse. state is getting the hang of this winning at all cost stuff. LMAO

I hadnt heard about this until our annual Christmas family state unc duke ecu bantering. It was great fun.
NCAA created the NET ranking.

Who claimed the RPI is biased?

Hard to dismiss a poll as biased when its a Formula. I don't see anyone complaining of the Fed Ex Points in golf as biased,

No team is going to be winning by 50 from here on out.

The Auburn Shoot around.......

Auburn did have actually did have a shoot around. They didn't have (as well as NC State) a morning shoot around due to a graduation in the PNC arena that morning. That had their pregame shoot around.

I'm sure that was discussed in your bantering.

Does not having a morning shoot around cause a team to turn the ball over 25 times?

Btw, State had their worst offense efficiency game of the year. Must of been because thy missed their morning shoot around as well.

now lunker be honest.
what would state nations reaction be if they traveled to a building they had never played in, were denied access prior to the game; then lost the game? And you are of course correct o the turnovers.
perhaps in your pro state bias you don't see or aren't aware of the reputation/actuality of state fan's chip? It's famous for the rest of the fans in the state.
Since you haven't been ranked in several years I know this is a big deal but no worries KK will have you there every year. Enjoy your ride. You don't have to constantly discount the flagship to legitimize state.

NCAA created the NET ranking.

Who claimed the RPI is biased?

Hard to dismiss a poll as biased when its a Formula. I don't see anyone complaining of the Fed Ex Points in golf as biased,

No team is going to be winning by 50 from here on out.

The Auburn Shoot around.......

Auburn did have actually did have a shoot around. They didn't have (as well as NC State) a morning shoot around due to a graduation in the PNC arena that morning. That had their pregame shoot around.

I'm sure that was discussed in your bantering.

Does not having a morning shoot around cause a team to turn the ball over 25 times?

Btw, State had their worst offense efficiency game of the year. Must of been because thy missed their morning shoot around as well.
I guess the ncaa declared the rpi is biased since they threw it out?
In my world bias doesn't mean wrong just not objective.
and I guess every state fan knows that indeed the rpi is biased. According to PP posters state is currently 106 in the rpi.

That couldn't possibly be unbiased could it? LMAO