It's basketball season

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Glad you saw it as the game of the year, too.

Guess that answers that.
Was a great one, UNC just couldn’t buy a 3. 2nd lowest % of the year and lost by 1. I’d say they’re in pretty good shape heading into the tournament shooting their season average.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
About what I expected. Figured it would be very very close and was any ones game. It doesnt get much better than that as a basketball fan. Heels still can win the Natty. 2017 they didnt win the ACC tourney. Going to bed , got big bass waiting on me in 6 hrs. They play that ball game 10 times and each probably wins 5 . Probably an Instant classic on ESPN.

country

Eight Pointer
When does Duke get Bolden back? They could use another big man against Florida State.

Last edited:

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Great game. Zion is a beast. Heels picked wrong night to shoot so poorly. Hard to beat any team 3x, but had a shot to do just that. On to the Big Dance.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You’re going to lose 99% of your games when your shoot 4 for 27 from three. The fact it was that close against a team of the caliber is pretty solid sign moving forward. If you told me Duke makes more 3s than UNC in the game, I’d say UNC would lose that game by 15+

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
About what I expected. Figured it would be very very close and was any ones game. It doesnt get much better than that as a basketball fan. Heels still can win the Natty. 2017 they didnt win the ACC tourney. Going to bed , got big bass waiting on me in 6 hrs. They play that ball game 10 times and each probably wins 5 . Probably an Instant classic on ESPN.
your goat sat there and let it play out. not his best moment. should have got his 29 yr old seventh year doctor transfer a shot.
they play that game ten times duke wins 9. GOAT>goat-ch.
I caught my bass yesterday,. have to drive all morning to get to gobbling turkeys in sc tomorrow. may as well just stay up.
fsu wins tomorrow.
K may rest zion now.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You’re going to lose 99% of your games when your shoot 4 for 27 from three. The fact it was that close against a team of the caliber is pretty solid sign moving forward. If you told me Duke makes more 3s than UNC in the game, I’d say UNC would lose that game by 15+
So, a UNC moral victory?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
your goat sat there and let it play out. not his best moment. should have got his 29 yr old seventh year doctor transfer a shot.
they play that game ten times duke wins 9. GOAT>goat-ch.
I caught my bass yesterday,. have to drive all morning to get to gobbling turkeys in sc tomorrow. may as well just stay up.
fsu wins tomorrow.
K may rest zion now.
He is a stubborn one, that goat-ch.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
No, just an explanation. They go 5 for 27, they win lol
That's not really how it works.

I've said all along Zion makes that team so much better. Unc had no one who could check him, and to be honest he was fouled by Little on that last play under the basket. He was also fouled by Brooks on the reverse dunk late in the game too. Both times the whistle didn't blow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You left out the magic word......IF.

You do realize how stupid that narrative is, right?

*Edit - I forgot. Lol.
Of course I’m saying “if” it was an awesome game and the fact that it was so close considering UNC shot so poorly from 3 is telling as to how good unc actually is.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's not really how it works.

I've said all along Zion makes that team so much better. Unc had no one who could check him, and to be honest he was fouled by Little on that last play under the basket. He was also fouled by Brooks on the reverse dunk late in the game too. Both times the whistle didn't blow.

He got plenty of whistles out of super star respect, similar to the hansbrough days. They were letting a lot go late in the game, which I’m fine with.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Of course I’m saying “if” it was an awesome game and the fact that it was so close considering UNC shot so poorly from 3 is telling as to how good unc actually is.
Dukes defense contributed to unc's poor shooting.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dukes defense contributed to unc's poor shooting.

I don’t take that away from them, I agree. They missed plenty of open shots from 3 and one or two would’ve made the difference. Duke ran them off screens extremely well though.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t take that away from them, I agree. They missed plenty of open shots from 3 and one or two would’ve made the difference. Duke ran them off screens extremely well though.
You saw the difference of what Zion provides defensively. No easy paint points, which causes more perimeter shots. Have an off night, you go home.

pale horse

Six Pointer
Of course it was just unc shooting badly. It had nothing do with Duke's defense. Turncoat never caught the ball in the second half without someone right in his face, and White had to make some circus shots to get his.