It's basketball season

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
So you just admitted that he was getting ready to shoot and not shooting? Again, there is no NBA continuation in NCAA basketball.

Thanks for saving us both a lot of time.
Every shooting foul for you the player has to have feet in the air?

Just a yes or no.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Every shooting foul for you the player has to have feet in the air?

Just a yes or no.
How hard is to understand that in college basketball there is no continuation? Yes, you have to be shooting for it to be considered a shooting foul.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So you just admitted that he was getting ready to shoot and not shooting? Again, there is no NBA continuation in NCAA basketball.

Thanks for saving us both a lot of time.
That play gets called a shooting foul 10 out of 10 times.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
That play gets called a shooting foul 10 out of 10 times.
It literally doesn't. A handcheck on a player still driving with both feet on the ground, will not get called a shooting foul. Tell me the last time you saw a player shoot with both feet on the ground? The ref actually called it at the right time, but that's the issue here. When the call was made, the player was shooting....... there just wasn't a foul then.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
It literally doesn't. A handcheck on a player still driving with both feet on the ground, will not get called a shooting foul. Tell me the last time you saw a player shoot with both feet on the ground? The ref actually called it at the right time, but that's the issue here. When the call was made, the player was shooting....... there just wasn't a foul then.
Lol.

BBD's still pic is a handcheck?

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Exactly. He's just arguing to argue.

If it was a UNC player, he would be arguing that he was in the act of shooting.
You can't make an argument for something that doesn't exist. If you want to talk about arguing to argue, you're trying to convince us that the NCAA has a continuation rule and that you somehow shoot a jumpshot with both feet on the ground.

The ref actually called the shooting foul at the right time, it was just a bad call.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m talking about the progression of photos in question, only. If the contact on that first still occurs when the feet are still on the floor, THAT play gets called a shooting foul 10 out of 10 times.

I haven’t done a lot of basketball officiating, but I’ve done a lot of officiating. You can cite all the rules you want, but you DO know reality. It just doesn’t fit your narrative, in this instance, to admit it.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
pretty weak discussion,
we have a better tourney in our backyard than the final four in terms of the best teams in the country going head to head
and you cats are dissecting foul calls from two days ago?
WTH is wrong with you?

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I’m talking about the progression of photos in question, only. If the contact on that first still occurs when the feet are still on the floor, THAT play gets called a shooting foul 10 out of 10 times.

I haven’t done a lot of basketball officiating, but I’ve done a lot of officiating. You can cite all the rules you want, but you DO know reality. It just doesn’t fit your narrative, in this instance, to admit it.
You still can't admit the call was wrong, you simply want to justify it with 'it gets called'. The photos do not do this play justice, in real time it was much more obvious that the call was wrong. Heck, I'm not even here saying that Clemson would have won or that there wasn't a foul. It was simply the wrong foul.

And I'll disagree on the 10 of 10 calls. This in no different than a post up where a player with the ball in his hands, turns to shoot and his arms get swiped on the turn around, and its called a common foul on the floor. It doesn't get called 10 out of 10.

We can agree to disagree, that's fair. I see no need in further debating this game from 2 days ago that has no bearing today's games.

On to tonight!

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The outcome of the call means nothing to me. I honestly didn’t watch the game.

But, it’s intellectually dishonest to argue that photo progression shouldn’t (the way the game IS called - not ‘should be’) result in a shooting foul.

It’s called that way, every time.

It’s like arguing the pitch at nipple level should be a strike.

C’mon man.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had to mute the game last night. I thought Bilas might be pleasuring himself when Duke and Zion took the floor. ESPN is a train wreck.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
FSU won 15 out of last 16 games. Only loss at UNC. They could be dangerous...
They also had Duke beat woth Zion without some bonehead plays at the end. Deep team, great one on one guards, play strong defense. Those are all proven ways of winning a national title.