It's basketball season

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
This. If Duke shoots well from 3, no one is going to beat them. Their only weakness is depth and poor 3 point shooting. Duke should win the title, they're the best team hands down. The only chance is to turn them into a jump shooting team. I didn't realize they were averaging taking 24 3s a game, that's surprising. I'll eat my previous statement.
Looking it over they are rather unpredictable from behind the arc they have games where it is low like way low for a Duke team like 13 against Zaga, 14 against VA in the first game and they only hit 2 of those, then they have games like the 43 attempts against Cuse.....I would like to see them shoot and hit more than 35% but I will take it for now.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looking it over they are rather unpredictable from behind the arc they have games where it is low like way low for a Duke team like 13 against Zaga, 14 against VA in the first game and they only hit 2 of those, then they have games like the 43 attempts against Cuse.....I would like to see them shoot and hit more than 35% but I will take it for now.
That’s my point right there, the Syracuse zone forced duke to shoot 43 3s.....and they lost.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
That’s my point right there, the Syracuse zone forced duke to shoot 43 3s.....and they lost.
lest we forget- duke was winning 14-2 then jones goes out.
that's the story of that game along with the 83 ft shot that went in for syracuse.
a loss is a loss but that one needs to be asterisked to death.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
that's the story of that game along with the 83 ft shot that went in for syracuse.
I don’t disagree, but you’ll have to force that to have any kind of chance against them. That or make then run out of legs late in the game. I would run zone, make em shoot 3s, and hack Zion if he caught the ball in the paint and I didn’t have a double team. I’m not a HOFer though, so I’m sure Roy will play man and just try to put score them lol

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
And Reddish was out sick...

It's no excuse. Duke still should've beaten them. IMO, the Cuse game was far more of an anomaly than the 2nd UVA game.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So, I think the NCSU vs Syracuse game is a must win for NCSU unless they plan on winning the NCAA tournament. A loss against Syracuse and then likely losses against Duke and FSU would put them out of the tournament.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
So, I think the NCSU vs Syracuse game is a must win for NCSU unless they plan on winning the NCAA tournament. A loss against Syracuse and then likely losses against Duke and FSU would put them out of the tournament.
I don't think so.

I do think they'll need to get to 9-9 in the ACC to get a bid.

They've got Syracuse, at Duke, BC, WF, at FSU, GT and at BC to finish out the season.

Markell Johnson seems to finally be getting back after the injury. That's huge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the lines I see have unc -UVA even for tonight.
someone with objective knowledge tell us who will win so we can prosper from your knowledge. :p

Crappie_Hunter

Ten Pointer
Contributor
^ UNC last 4 games against UVA at home or neutral site they are 3-1.... bet the heels. Also interesting stat.... since like 2013 Duke has won 3 games at UVA, the rest of the country has only won 4!! Heard that on wfnz this am.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
The line I see is UNC -1.

UNC is 7-3 in the ACC against the spread.

Virginia is also 7-3 against the spread, but have lost last 3 ATS.

I think you take UNC in this game if you are making smart bet. Got lucky Saturday to win but I think they got caught looking ahead. Wouldn't surprise me that coaches weren't already game planning against UVA before Miami since it was a short break.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
when did you decide state was NOT beating duke? you been saying that all season. But state is fine.
just check out their NET ratings.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Are you still mad I didn’t change my avatar? I paid the $100, and that’s what you remember?

Lol.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, does any smart UNC fan wanna make a bet with me?

I’ll take UVA, straight-up.
As a UNC fan, I’m not taking the bet because I think UNC loses the game. The only way I see UNC winning is if Coby White / Nasir Little can break down UVA off the dribble and open up opportunities for other players to have open looks. UNC is great in the open floor and playing fluid basketball, but all of their players outside White and Little depend on the system. I don’t think that anyone else on the team, Cam Johnson, Kenny Williams, Luke Maye, or anyone else can beat the UVA defender assigned to them in a game of position basketball from a fundamental perspective. In a straight up game, played in a low possession style from the half court, UVA will beat UNC the majority of the time. Now......if Coby or Little can beat their guy off the dribble and demand double teams and find open outlets, UNC could blow out UVA. This is the game where Luke Maye shoots 20% from the floor and gets 3 shots blocked because no one bites on that pump fake and Roy lets Little sit there staring at his shoes. You’ve got to play someone with blow by potential, Duke has proven this twice already.

With that said, I’d take UVA by 7.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I mean no disrespect to UNC. I’ve seen them in limited sessions.

I’ve only seen UVA play Duke.

To me, UNC doesn’t look that good. Honestly, not that many do. I think it’s a down year, strength (of good teams) wise.

I think UVA is really good, which says wonders about Duke.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I mean no disrespect to UNC. I’ve seen them in limited sessions.

I’ve only seen UVA play Duke.

To me, UNC doesn’t look that good. Honestly, not that many do. I think it’s a down year, strength (of good teams) wise.

I think UVA is really good, which says wonders about Duke.
UNC is a good basketball team, much better in the last 5 games than previously. They aren’t on the same level as Duke, but their talent is superior to UVA.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
UNC is a good basketball team, much better in the last 5 games than previously. They aren’t on the same level as Duke, but their talent is superior to UVA.
You really believe UNC's talent is superior to UVA's?

I'm not going to say anything disparaging. I just find this very odd.

I feel the other way.......and I don't think it's even close.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You really believe UNC's talent is superior to UVA's?

I'm not going to say anything disparaging. I just find this very odd.

I feel the other way.......and I don't think it's even close.
In terms of defensive or offensive ability? I think the overall talent level of unc is higher, but not defensively.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I continue to scratch my head with these lineups. Coby and Maye can run fast paced for 30 minutes a game but they still sit the same minutes in a game that’s going 1/3 the pace......Woods/Robinson/Platek in for 5 minutes and counting....

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Trainer came out to speak with Littles dad, I’d say that’s not good news. Shame, I thought tonight would be the opportunity for him to actually show what he could do when needed. As expected, Luke has been all but useless in this game.