It's basketball season

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
UNC is looking decent right now, Maye has matured and is on the way to a double double and Felton is going to be a stone cold stud in time. Kentucky trailing Utah State lol

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
State has went over 100 points in both games.

The offense is fun to watch and crazy defensive pressure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
state will be at least 10-1 when conference play starts and may be 11-0. arizona might be waylaid by the pressure.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
State has went over 100 points in both games.

The offense is fun to watch and crazy defensive pressure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have zero doubt Keatts will be a good one. No homer BS here from me. Great pedigree in both coaching and recruiting.

Should be some fun years on Tobacco Road.

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have zero doubt Keatts will be a good one. No homer BS here from me. Great pedigree in both coaching and recruiting.

I totally agree, I really hope the days of everyone beating up on each other return. It just makes for fun basketball.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i sure hope GOAT can handle media darling izzo again tonight.

poor ole duke is starting 4 freshmen though, msu has all that experienced talent.gonna be tough.

GO Duke!

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns

I agree. At first, I didn't like the hire but it was because I didn't know much about it. After watching some UNCW games and reading up on his resume, I grew to really like the guy.

Nothing against Gott, because I think he was a good coach, too. However, Keatts is different. Much more friendly style of offense that kids want to play in because it requires a lot of guys to maximize it's effectiveness. Defense is going to be suffering to watch. Lots of turnovers they'll force which will hopefully lead to transition, easy buckets. When a team can grab more possessions due to turnovers it makes it that much more difficult for the other team to win.

This team will be fun to watch, however this is Keatts playing with Gott's recruits. This team might struggle if they aren't hitting from the perimeter, but when they get Abu back that should make a big difference.

Papa_Smurf

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I really like the hire of Keatts, and suspected during the short search that he would get the job. I really like that he wants maximum effort and discipline out of his team. The conditioning aspect of his coaching style will win a lot of games just because the players don't get fatigued.

Gott was a great recruiter, but he was a terrible in game coach, and did not demand any discipline from his team. this really showed in close games where the players need a good in game coach.

I also really look forward to watching Abu play this year. He came in very raw, and really has developed and shown desire to work hard.

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
BOOOOOOM!!! RED LIGHT IS ON, KK just brought him the top juco player in the nstion. HooowLLLLL bout that wolfpack!!!

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
KK can flat out recruit.

Just signed 4 4 stars and the #1 ranked JUCO player that was a former 4 star.
Landed the #1 transfer in CJ Bryce, another solid 10ppg Utah Transfer Devon Daniels, and Ohio State transfer Braxton Beverly.
Landed grad transfers Al Freeman who leads the team in scoring through 2 games and Sam Hunt who's shown the ability to hit the 3pt shot.

Although not expecting much this year, I hope it can translate to wins. Past coaches have recruited well too.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
keatts>goott>lowe. his recruits will have the coaching and discipline that past recruits did not get.

as long as state stays out of the Adidas fracas they will be gold.

Rubline

Eight Pointer
That's good news for State, looks like the NCAA tucks their tail if somebody throws a lawyer in the mix.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
And Trump got those poor kids out of china hotel jail.

I imagine international crime is out of NCAA jurisdiction as well.

downeastnc

Twelve Pointer
Did Bagley go down for Duke?
Caught a finger in the eye from a teammate on a rebound, never came back in game, eye was looking rough when he was on the bench but shouldn't be nothing a few days wont fix....big statement game from Duke legitimizes that #1 ranking....

Grayson Allen is a beast.....37points......against the #2 team in the country....

Last edited:

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Grayson Allen is a beast.....37points......against the #2 team in the country....
He's the same thing he's been his whole career at Duke, lightning in a bottle when hot, but when cold will shoot you out of a ballgame and quit playing defense when his offense isn't going. He's the same punk kid he was when he 1st got there I imagine, but he's very good when he has it going. Duke is the legit #1 team, but the true story here was a piss poor effort from MSU to rebound, even with Duke in the 2-3 zone, and their inability to hit a big man in the center of the zone. They got exposed for lacking anyone with dribble drive ability. Just weird seeing Duke in the 2-3, but I get it considering the amount of length they have this year.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
like i said duke will be playing in april.

i doubt many of you have watched duke longer but it's ok to correct me. i may be biased.

imo this is by far the most talent ever to hit the court in duke basketball history.

Last edited:

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
imo this is by far the most talent ever to hit the court in duke basketball history.
It might be, but they gonna have to get by both the 99 team and the 2001 team to get there.

The 99 team had Brand, Langdon, Maggette, Avery, and Battier. All top 14 picks, and then ACC POY Carawell.

01 had J Will, Battier, Boozer, Dunleavy, Duhon etc.

Then there's 92, with Laetner, Hurley, and Hill.

This Duke team has lots of potential, but they've got a long way to go and a lot to prove first.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It might be, but they gonna have to get by both the 99 team and the 2001 team to get there.

The 99 team had Brand, Langdon, Maggette, Avery, and Battier. All top 14 picks, and then ACC POY Carawell.

01 had J Will, Battier, Boozer, Dunleavy, Duhon etc.

Then there's 92, with Laetner, Hurley, and Hill.

This Duke team has lots of potential, but they've got a long way to go and a lot to prove first.
they will. watch and see.

Crappie_Hunter

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Lord have Mercer at all the hype this Duke team is getting already... those kids head's are gonna be so Lehigh up in the sky.... Coach K might break his back trying to coach this group!! :D ;)

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
K will easily sweep Roy, but then again that's the norm.
That's right...... football season is almost over and you get to go back to being a Duke groupie.

Oh and by the way, since Roy returned to UNC:

Roy Williams - 5 Final Fours, 3 National Titles

Coach K - 3 Finals Fours, 2 National Titles

:)

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Lord have Mercer at all the hype this Duke team is getting already... those kids head's are gonna be so Lehigh up in the sky.... Coach K might break his back trying to coach this group!! :D ;)
I love the fact that the Gamecocks have ruined both of the Boozers seasons so far in 2017. :)